Many parents and therapists say obsessive internet use is a very real problem for some teens and children. But the term “internet addiction” is controversial and not officially recognized as a disorder. How to help kids who compulsively use computers and mobile technology.
The U.S Department of Interior is asking Congress to set aside many additional millions of acres within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as Wilderness. A Wilderness designation prohibits all mining, drilling, roads, vehicles and permanent structures. President Obama says the measure is needed to make sure that ‘this amazing wonder is preserved for future generations’. But Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski called the plan a ‘stunning attack’ on Alaska’s economic prospects. Join us for debate over additional wilderness protections in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Myron Ebell director, center for energy and environment, Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Edward Struzik fellow, school for policy studies, Queen's Institute for Energy and Environmental Policy, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada author, "Future Arctic"
- Jamie Williams president, The Wilderness Society
- Secretary Sally Jewell United States Secretary of the Interior
- Juliet Eilperin White House correspondent, The Washington Post.
Map: A Look At The Arctic
Republished from “Future Arctic” by Edward Struzik.
Most Recent Shows
An update on day two of the Democratic convention: Bill Clinton takes the stage and ongoing efforts by party leaders to build unity.
Historian Matthew Dallek looks at the history behind the Office of Civilian Defense, the country's first agency for homeland security, and the competing visions of those tasked with spearheading the department: New York City Mayor Fiorello La Guardia and First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.
Opening night at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia. How speakers including Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and First Lady Michelle Obama seek to bridge party divides and build the case for presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton.