In a new book, author and former NPR science reporter Frank Browning explores the complexities of gender. What it means to be a man and a woman, and evolving perspectives on gender and sex.
The U.S Department of Interior is asking Congress to set aside many additional millions of acres within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as Wilderness. A Wilderness designation prohibits all mining, drilling, roads, vehicles and permanent structures. President Obama says the measure is needed to make sure that ‘this amazing wonder is preserved for future generations’. But Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski called the plan a ‘stunning attack’ on Alaska’s economic prospects. Join us for debate over additional wilderness protections in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Myron Ebell director, center for energy and environment, Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Edward Struzik fellow, school for policy studies, Queen's Institute for Energy and Environmental Policy, Queen's University, Kingston, Canada author, "Future Arctic"
- Jamie Williams president, The Wilderness Society
- Secretary Sally Jewell United States Secretary of the Interior
- Juliet Eilperin White House correspondent, The Washington Post.
Map: A Look At The Arctic
Republished from “Future Arctic” by Edward Struzik.
Most Recent Shows
Budget cutbacks have made it impossible for many states to finance their public schools. But some have bucked the trend by increasing taxes and earmarking those funds for education. Taxes, spending and the quality of public education.
Donald Trump has been popping up in the comic strip "Doonesbury" since the 1980s. Now, author Garry Trudeau has compiled his satire into a new book. The cartoonist looks back on thirty years of drawing Donald Trump.
The new CEO of Donald Trump’s campaign is closely aligned with the so-called “alt-right,” a nationalist movement that rejects multiculturalism. The rise of the alt-right movement and its place in this year’s presidential campaign.