Forty-five years ago, the band “Earth, Wind and Fire” introduced audiences to a new kind of funk--one that fused soul, jazz, Latin and pop. Bassist Verdine White talks to guest host Derek McGinty about breaking racial boundaries in music and how the band is still evolving.
Six heavily armed gunmen stormed a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan killing more than 130 people, mostly teenagers, and many the children of military officers. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the deadly attack, possibly in retaliation for Pakistan’s military operations against it. The death toll makes this attack one of the worst in the region in decades and is a grim reminder of the ongoing political turmoil. Please join us for an update on the attack and its implications for the region.
- Ambassador Jalil Abbas Jilani Ambassador of Pakistan to the United States
- Katharine Houreld Afghanistan/Pakistan correspondent, Reuters
- Shuja Nawaz distinguished fellow, the Atlantic Council and author of "Crossed Swords: Pakistan, its Army, and the Wars Within."
- Daniel Markey senior fellow for India, Pakistan, and South Asia, Council on Foreign Relations author of the book "No Exit from Pakistan: America's Tortured Relationship with Islamabad:
- Michael Hirsh national editor, Politico; author of "At War with Ourselves: Why America Is Squandering its Chance to Build a Better World."
Most Recent Shows
The Democratic National Convention gets underway in Philadelphia, where Hillary Clinton will accept the presidential nomination.
Turkey declares a state of emergency and arrests thousands after a failed coup. Donald Trump suggests he'd put conditions on protecting NATO allies. And Russia loses an appeal in a sports doping case. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The Republican National Convention ends with a divided GOP. Hillary Clinton prepares to select her running mate. And Roger Ailes resigns from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.