David Ignatius of the Washington Post on Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, then, questions for Attorney General nominee Republican Senator Jeff Sessions.
The growing popularity of online car services is boosting Uber’s bottom line. The app-based taxi service is now valued at 41 billion dollars. But Uber is hitting serious roadblocks here and abroad. Two California district attorneys sued the company for allegedly misleading consumers about background checks. And a passenger in India accused an Uber driver of raping her. Many are calling for stricter oversight and more controls on what app-based car services do with passengers’ personal information. Others say too much regulation could squelch much-needed innovation. Diane and her guests discuss the future of Uber and online car services.
- Sunil Paul co-founder and CEO, Sidecar.
- Donna Blythe-Shaw spokesperson, Boston Taxi Drivers' Association.
- Alvaro Bedoya executive director, Center on Privacy and Technology at Georgetown University Law School.
- Nancy Scola reporter covering the intersections of technology and public policy, politics, and governance for The Washington Post.
- Matthew Mitchell program director, Project for the Study of American Capitalism at the Mercatus Center, George Mason University.
Poll: Do You Uber (Or Sidecar, Or Lyft)?
Most Recent Shows
Maya Angelou came onto this program several times over the years. But in her last conversation with Diane, in 2013, she talked about writing about her fraught relationship with her mother for the first time. Her last words to Diane: “I love you, Diane Rehm. And I look forward to seeing you and talking to you again and again.” A year later, she died at the age of 86. In one of Diane's most treasured interviews, the women reflect on forgiveness, healing and reconciliation.
Mary Chapin Carpenter joins Diane to talk about her new album, the "artistic insight of middle age" and rewriting her life story in new ways.
A rebroadcast of Diane's 1999 interview with J.K. Rowling, author of the acclaimed Harry Potter series.