Brazil is in the midst of political turmoil as impeachment proceedings move forward against the country's president Dilma Rousseff. What's next for the country and its government?
Americans love caffeine, and not just in soda and coffee. Sales in caffeinated energy drinks may reach $19 billion this year. Sales in new caffeinated snacks and candy, like Energy Gummi Bears and Jolt Gum, exceeded $1.6 billion last year. But the Food and Drug Administration is concerned about the potential health impacts of these new caffeinated products, particularly those that appeal to children. The FDA is reviewing reports of six deaths allegedly associated with energy drinks. But companies that make caffeinated food and drinks argue their products are safe and that they don’t market to children.
- Dennis Herrera city attorney of San Francisco.
- Bob Arnot physician and former medical correspondent for NBC and author of 14 books including, "The Aztec Diet," and "The Prostate Cancer Prevention Plan."
- Barry Meier staff reporter for "The New York Times" and author of "Pain Killer: A 'Wonder' Drug's Trail of Addiction and Death."
- Michael Jacobson co-founder and executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest and author of "Restaurant Confidential," "Marketing Madness," "What Are We Feeding Our Kids?" and "The Fast Food Guide."
- Michael Taylor deputy commissioner for foods and veterinary medicine at Food and Drug Administration.
Most Recent Shows
Since 2005 nearly 800 reporters have been killed while doing their work. Please join us to talk about the risks reporters face around the world and new effort to boost press safety and freedoms.
Some say eating insects could save the planet, as we face the potential for global food and protein shortages. It's a common practice in many parts of the world, but what would it take to make bugs more appetizing to the masses here in the U.S.? Does it even make sense to try? A look at the arguments for and against the practice known as entomophagy, and the cultural and environmental issues involved.
All three GOP candidates gather in California for a statewide convention. Prospects for front-runner Donald Trump as the nomination race heads into the final stretch, the ongoing divide within the party and what it all means for the general election.