International repercussions of the FIFA corruption scandal. China outlines a new military strategy in the South China Sea. And the Iraqi military launches a new offensive near Ramadi. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
In a recent poll, more than one in three Americans reported negative effects of the sequester. That’s up from one in four when the $85 billion in budget cuts took effect in March. A Meals on Wheels Association of America survey showed nearly 70 percent of local programs have had to reduce the number of meals served to housebound seniors. Head Start programs for preschoolers have shrunk, funding for medical research is reduced and national parks are scaling back services. Diane and her guests discuss the broad reach of sequestration on Americans’ lives.
- Jared Bernstein senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, and former chief economist and economic policy adviser for Vice President Joe Biden.
- Annie Lowrey economic policy reporter for The New York Times.
- Mary Woolley president and CEO at Research!America.
- Vinsen Faris chairman of the board at Meals on Wheels of America.
- Steve Taylor senior vice president of public policy at United Way Worldwide.
Most Recent Shows
The Justice Department charges FIFA soccer officials with corruption. More contenders enter the already-crowded 2016 presidential race. And former House Speaker Dennis Hastert is indicted for violating banking laws and lying to the FBI. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Research psychologist Penelope Leach is known for her best-selling guides on child development, including "Babyhood" and "Your Baby and Child." In her latest book, she explains what the latest research says about helping children cope with separation and divorce.
More than half a million Americans have annual prescription drug bills of at least $50,000. Please join us to discuss what's behind soaring drug costs and the push for new pricing models.