A massive forest fire has been raging in Alberta, Canada, for nearly a month. Scientists say warmer, drier weather has increased the frequency and intensity of fires. For this month's Environmental Outlook: wildfires, climate change and threats to North America’s forests.
Organizers of a planned Islamic center near Ground Zero say they want to repair the breach caused by the nine-eleven terrorist attacks. Opponents consider the location insensitive. Leaders of different religions discuss attitudes toward Islam in America.
- Barry Lynn executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State and author of "Piety & Politics" (Harmony Books)
- The Rt. Rev. John Chane Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Rabbi Bruce Lustig Senior Rabbi of the Washington Hebrew Congregation
- Dan Senor Former Bush Administration foreign policy advisor, based in Iraq (2003, 2004) Currently founding partner of Rosemont Capital, a global private equity firm; and Fox News Middle East Analyst
- Akbar Ahmed chair of Islamic studies at American University, the first Distinguished Chair of Middle East and Islamic Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy, and former Pakistani high commissioner to the U.K. His latest book is "Journey into America."
Most Recent Shows
Congress is updating a 40-year-old federal law regulating thousands of chemicals in daily use. The bipartisan bill has support from many industry groups and public health advocates, but some in the environmental community say it doesn't go far enough. A look at regulating the safety of chemicals.
Nine years ago, former FBI agent Robert Levinson disappeared in Iran while on a mission for the CIA. The story of his secret journey to Iran, the CIA cover-up that followed and efforts to rescue the longest-held U.S. hostage.
President Barack Obama lifts the embargo against U.S. arms sales to Vietnam. We discuss what closer ties between the U.S. and Vietnam mean for trade, leverage on human rights and growing concerns over China's military expansion.