Italy searches for survivors after a devastating earthquake. Turkey escalates its role in the fight against ISIS. And Colombia and the FARC rebels sign a peace treaty ending a half-century-long guerrilla war. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Organizers of a planned Islamic center near Ground Zero say they want to repair the breach caused by the nine-eleven terrorist attacks. Opponents consider the location insensitive. Leaders of different religions discuss attitudes toward Islam in America.
- Barry Lynn executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State and author of "Piety & Politics" (Harmony Books)
- The Rt. Rev. John Chane Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Rabbi Bruce Lustig Senior Rabbi of the Washington Hebrew Congregation
- Dan Senor Former Bush Administration foreign policy advisor, based in Iraq (2003, 2004) Currently founding partner of Rosemont Capital, a global private equity firm; and Fox News Middle East Analyst
- Akbar Ahmed chair of Islamic studies at American University, the first Distinguished Chair of Middle East and Islamic Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy, and former Pakistani high commissioner to the U.K. His latest book is "Journey into America."
Most Recent Shows
Donald Trump signals a shift in his stance on immigration. After another batch of emails, The Clinton Foundation says it will make changes if Hillary Clinton becomes president. And outrage over the skyrocketing cost of the EpiPen. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Dr. Mary Aiken, a pioneering cyber-psychologist, work inspired the CBS television series "CSI: Cyber". She explains how going online changes our behavior in small and dramatic ways, and what that means for how we think about our relationship with technology.
A new study concludes that America’s aging population is slowing the economy’s growth. As baby boomers retire in large numbers, what the “age effect” means for workplace productivity, wages and economic performance.