Harvard physician Atul Gawande says we need to change the nation's approach to aging and dying. How nursing homes can focus more on patients’ need for human connection, and how end-of-life treatment is actually shortening lives instead of extending them.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
A new government report says about three quarters of oil from the massive BP spill has been contained, dispersed, or has evaporated….. ongoing efforts to plug the well, clean up the Gulf, and risks posed by the remaining oil
- Bob Deans Federal Communications Director at the Natural Resources Defense Council
- Dr. Samantha Joye Professor in the Department of Marine Sciences at University of Georgia, researching underwater oil plumes in the Gulf oil spill.
- Barbara Shook Houston Bureau Chief and Reporter-at-Large for the Energy Intelligence Group
- Rayola Dougher senior economic adviser, American Petroleum Institute
- Joel Achenbach reporter, The Washington Post; writer for Achenblog.
Most Recent Shows
Legendary singer Linda Ronstadt has won 11 Grammy Awards in a career spanning four decades. We take a look at her rise to stardom, life in the music business and her recent battle with Parkinson's.
For our November Readers' Review: “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler. As we prepare for holiday gatherings, join Diane and her guests to discuss this master work from the author who has made an art of exploring family love and dysfunction.
The Food and Drug Administration will require movie theaters, chain restaurants and pizza parlors to include calorie counts for food and beverages – including alcohol. Please join us to discuss costs and benefits of the new rules.