David Ignatius of the Washington Post on Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, then, questions for Attorney General nominee Republican Senator Jeff Sessions.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
A new government report says about three quarters of oil from the massive BP spill has been contained, dispersed, or has evaporated….. ongoing efforts to plug the well, clean up the Gulf, and risks posed by the remaining oil
- Bob Deans Federal Communications Director at the Natural Resources Defense Council
- Dr. Samantha Joye Professor in the Department of Marine Sciences at University of Georgia, researching underwater oil plumes in the Gulf oil spill.
- Barbara Shook Houston Bureau Chief and Reporter-at-Large for the Energy Intelligence Group
- Rayola Dougher senior economic adviser, American Petroleum Institute
- Joel Achenbach reporter, The Washington Post; writer for Achenblog.
Most Recent Shows
Maya Angelou came onto this program several times over the years. But in her last conversation with Diane, in 2013, she talked about writing about her fraught relationship with her mother for the first time. Her last words to Diane: “I love you, Diane Rehm. And I look forward to seeing you and talking to you again and again.” A year later, she died at the age of 86. In one of Diane's most treasured interviews, the women reflect on forgiveness, healing and reconciliation.
Mary Chapin Carpenter joins Diane to talk about her new album, the "artistic insight of middle age" and rewriting her life story in new ways.
A rebroadcast of Diane's 1999 interview with J.K. Rowling, author of the acclaimed Harry Potter series.