Today’s unemployment rate is down sharply from the height of the Great Recession. But more than a fifth of American men had no paid employment last year, and seven million of them have stopped looking altogether. Why men are leaving the workforce – and how to bring them back.
France’s lower house of Parliament votes on a proposed ban on face-covering veils. It’s likely to become law, but may not survive a court challenge: Religious freedom, women’s rights and fears of anti-Islamic sentiment.
- Jonathan Laurence associate professor of Political Science at Boston College. and non-resident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution author of "Integrating Islam: Political and Religious Challenges in Contemporary France (Brookings Press" and soon to be published: "The Partial Emancipation of Europe's Muslim Minorities and the Geopolitics of Islam in the West"
- Merve Kavakci former member of the Turkish parliament author of a forthcoming book: "Headscarf Politics in Turkey: A Postcolonial Reading"
- Emmanuel Lenain spokesman, Embassy of France
- Asra Nomani former correspondent for the Wall Street Journal author of "Standing Alone: An American Woman’s Struggle for the Soul of Islam.”
- Akbar Ahmed chair of Islamic studies at American University
Most Recent Shows
Donald Trump’s campaign and questions about fundraising are presenting challenges for other Republican candidates across the country. Guest host Susan Page and a panel of guests talk about what this could mean for the G-O-P’s get-out-the-vote operations and key races in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, North Carolina and elsewhere.
What do Michelle Obama, Anna Wintour and Michael Jordan carry in their bags? Abbi Jacobson imagines the things you might find in her new illustrated book, "Carry This Book." We talk to the "Broad City" co-star about what you can learn from the contents of bags—and her success creating and starring in the hit Comedy Central show.
Affordable Care Act premiums will increase by an average of 25 percent next year, according to new reports. But more than eight in 10 consumers could be cushioned from the price hikes through subsidies. Guest host Susan Page and a panel look at The Affordable Care Act: rising costs, subsidies and its future in the next administration.