Thousands of migrants try to reach Britain from France through the Channel Tunnel. Turkish airstrikes target Kurdish militants. And President Barack Obama wraps up a five-day trip to Africa. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Mike Frenette captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Tadeusz Patzek chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Elgie Holstein vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Stephen Power reporter, Wall Street Journal.
Most Recent Shows
A white campus police officer in Cincinnati is charged with the murder of an unarmed black motorist. Congress passes interim funding for the highway bill. And the latest GDP report indicates modest second-quarter growth in the U.S. economy. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page to round up the week's top news.
Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed the 21st Century Cures Act in a rare bi-partisan effort. The bill is meant to speed the development of lifesaving treatments, but critics warn it may also allow ineffective or even harmful drugs onto the market.
Secretly-recorded videos have reopened the fight over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. We examine new hurdles for the organization, the political response and the latest in the battle over abortion rights in the U.S.