In a new book, author and former NPR science reporter Frank Browning explores the complexities of gender. What it means to be a man and a woman, and evolving perspectives on gender and sex.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Mike Frenette captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Tadeusz Patzek chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Elgie Holstein vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Stephen Power reporter, Wall Street Journal.
Most Recent Shows
Budget cutbacks have made it impossible for many states to finance their public schools. But some have bucked the trend by increasing taxes and earmarking those funds for education. Taxes, spending and the quality of public education.
Donald Trump has been popping up in the comic strip "Doonesbury" since the 1980s. Now, author Garry Trudeau has compiled his satire into a new book. The cartoonist looks back on thirty years of drawing Donald Trump.
The new CEO of Donald Trump’s campaign is closely aligned with the so-called “alt-right,” a nationalist movement that rejects multiculturalism. The rise of the alt-right movement and its place in this year’s presidential campaign.