For this month's Readers' Review: “Euphoria,” by Lily King, a novel inspired by events in the life of revolutionary anthropologist Margaret Mead.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Mike Frenette captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Tadeusz Patzek chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Elgie Holstein vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Stephen Power reporter, Wall Street Journal.
Most Recent Shows
Texas and Oklahoma have passed new laws that prevent local governments from banning hydraulic fracturing. Similar measures are being considered in three other states. We look at the debate over state efforts to regulate drilling.
On May 31, Bob Schieffer steps down from his role as host of CBS' "Face the Nation." The veteran newsman opens up about his long career and the state of media today.
The U.S. Supreme Court begins to hand down multiple decisions as the end of the spring term draws near. We look at what we might hear from the justices on same-sex marriage, the Affordable Care Act and what constitutes a threat on social media.