Heads of state attend the funeral of Israeli statesman Shimon Peres. Russia rejects Secretary Kerry's demands on Syria. And the U.S. plans to deploy 600 more troops to Iraq to fight the Islamic State. A panel of journalists joins guest host Joshua Johnson for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Mike Frenette captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Tadeusz Patzek chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Elgie Holstein vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Stephen Power reporter, Wall Street Journal.
Most Recent Shows
After the first presidential debate, polls show Donald Trump losing support from women in key battleground states. Congress acts to avoid a government shutdown. And a new report says the U.S. murder rate surged last year. A panel of journalists joins guest host Joshua Johnson for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
A majority of parents in the U.S. work outside the home. That means about 12 million children across the country require care. A new report ranks states on cost, quality and availability of child care - and says nobody is getting it right.
The Senate overrides President Obama’s veto of a bill that would allow 9/11 victims’ families to sue Saudi Arabia. How these lawsuits might work -- and how other nations might respond.