The U.S. warns that Russian airstrikes in Syria are harming peace talks. NATO sends warships to the Aegean Sea to deter migrant smuggling. And in a rebuke to North Korea, Seoul closes a shared industrial complex. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Guest Host: Steve Roberts
Secretary of State Clinton pushes for improved law enforcement and border security with Mexico. The recent Juarez murders of three people connected to the U.S. consulate fueled concerns about escalating drug-related violence. Drug trafficking, border control and U.S.-Mexico relations.
- Eric Olson Senior Advisor on US-Mexico Security for the Woodrow Wilson Center's Mexico Institute, coordinates a major binational project on cooperation against organized crime
- Michele Kelemen NPR correspondent
- Charles Bowden author of "Murder City: Ciudad Juarez and the Global Economy's New Killing Fields," a contributing editor for GQ and Mother Jones
- John Morton assistant secretary, Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Francisco Gonzalez Riordan Roett Associate Professor of Latin American Studies, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University
Most Recent Shows
The Republican presidential field narrows after a dramatic New Hampshire primary. The Department of Justice sues Ferguson, Missouri after the city amends a police reform deal. And the Supreme Court puts President Obama's climate regulations on hold. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
In the early nineties, anthropologist Helen Fisher wrote “The Anatomy of Love: A Natural History of Mating, Marriage, and Why We Stray.” Now she’s back with the latest research on how love affects the brain and how the Internet has changed dating.
Russia continues airstrikes in Syria. Secretary Kerry meets with world leaders in an attempt to resolve the country’s five-year civil war. A panel joins Diane to discuss the latest on the military, political and humanitarian crises facing Syria.