For this month's Environmental Outlook: Ten years ago, Israel experienced a prolonged drought that forced the country to come up with a strategy to address water scarcity. What its experience could teach an increasingly water-starved planet.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Strokes don’t just affect the old – they are the sixth leading cause of death in children and infants. The story of a family whose seven-year-old son survived a stroke…and a look at the medical and rehabilitation treatments available.
- Jared Dienst had a stroke at the age of seven
- Victoria Dienst mother of Jared, Nicole and Teddy Dienst, her son Jared had a stroke at the age of seven.
- Dr. Rebecca Ichord Director of the Pediatric Stroke Program at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Jonathan Dienst a reporter with WNBC-TV in New York whose son had a stroke.
- Dr. David Salsberg Director of Pediatric Psychology and Neuropsychology at the Hassenfeld Children’s Center and The Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation at New York University Langone Medical Center.
Most Recent Shows
Russia is sending what it calls "volunteer" troops to Syria, and its airstrikes have targeted CIA-backed rebels. We look at Russia's support of the Assad regime and escalating concerns over a possible U.S.-Russia proxy war in Syria.
Ben Bernanke was chair of the Federal Reserve during what became the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. An inside look at the meltdown from the former Fed chair and his defense of bailing out Wall Street.
After California becomes the fifth state to let terminally ill patients end their lives, we hear from supporters and critics of the aid-in-dying movement.