Harvard physician Atul Gawande says we need to change the nation's approach to aging and dying. How nursing homes can focus more on patients’ need for human connection, and how end-of-life treatment is actually shortening lives instead of extending them.
Some Tea Party activists hope to shift from organizing political rallies to winning elections. What’s behind the movement’s appeal and its potential political impact.
- Brendan Steinhauser Director, Federal and State Campaigns FreedomWorks
- Rick Perlstein author of "Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America" and "Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus."
- Grover Norquist president, Americans for Tax Reform
- John Avlon senior political columnist, The Daily Beast and author of "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America" www.thedailybeast.com
- Judson Phillips Organizer, the National Tea Party Convention www.teaparty.com
Most Recent Shows
Legendary singer Linda Ronstadt has won 11 Grammy Awards in a career spanning four decades. We take a look at her rise to stardom, life in the music business and her recent battle with Parkinson's.
For our November Readers' Review: “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler. As we prepare for holiday gatherings, join Diane and her guests to discuss this master work from the author who has made an art of exploring family love and dysfunction.
The Food and Drug Administration will require movie theaters, chain restaurants and pizza parlors to include calorie counts for food and beverages – including alcohol. Please join us to discuss costs and benefits of the new rules.