Flooding in Louisiana has caused tens of millions of dollars in property damage and untold personal misery. But public response has been slow. Join us to talk about why we open our hearts and wallets for some disasters and not others.
Some Tea Party activists hope to shift from organizing political rallies to winning elections. What’s behind the movement’s appeal and its potential political impact.
- Brendan Steinhauser Director, Federal and State Campaigns FreedomWorks
- Rick Perlstein author of "Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America" and "Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus."
- Grover Norquist president, Americans for Tax Reform
- John Avlon senior political columnist, The Daily Beast and author of "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America" www.thedailybeast.com
- Judson Phillips Organizer, the National Tea Party Convention www.teaparty.com
Most Recent Shows
Last week, the Zika virus continued to spread through parts of Miami Beach. The National Institutes of Health warns that Texas and Louisiana could be next. The growing Zika threat, tough choices for pregnant women and the search for a vaccine.
Dr. Nicholas Dodman talks animal psychology. He says animal emotions and thoughts can be treated more like our own. Why he believes we can improve the mental health of our pets, and what animals teach us about human medicine.
The U.S. will phase out the use of private prisons to incarcerate federal inmates. New findings by the Department of Justice conclude that private facilities are less safe and offer few cost advantages. We discuss implications of the phase-out and what it could mean for America's prison system.