Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
The Obama administration sends mixed signals on mountaintop coal mining. After putting dozens of proposed projects on hold, the EPA has endorsed an operation in West Virginia. Ongoing controversy over mountaintop coal mining.
- Tom Hamburger an investigative reporter who covers the White House and executive branch for the "Los Angeles Times."
- Roger Horton founder of Citizens for Coal
- Siobhan Hughes reporter for the Wall Street Journal covering energy and the environment
- Judy Bonds Co-Director of Coal River Mountain Watch
- Joe Lovett Executive Director of Appalachian Center for the Economy and the Environment in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
Most Recent Shows
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.
The little-known history of how groups of slaves, native American Indians and Cajun settlers helped change the outcome of the American Revolutionary War.
California passes a new law requiring all children enrolled in school to be vaccinated. It's the largest state in the nation to do so. The push to require vaccinations and the tension between public health and personal beliefs.