Speaking multiple languages is like exercise for your brain, according to new research. Studies say it can improve multitasking and may even delay Alzheimer’s. The latest on the impact of bilingualism on the brain.
The Obama administration sends mixed signals on mountaintop coal mining. After putting dozens of proposed projects on hold, the EPA has endorsed an operation in West Virginia. Ongoing controversy over mountaintop coal mining.
- Roger Horton founder of Citizens for Coal
- Tom Hamburger an investigative reporter who covers the White House and executive branch for the "Los Angeles Times."
- Siobhan Hughes reporter for the Wall Street Journal covering energy and the environment
- Judy Bonds Co-Director of Coal River Mountain Watch
- Joe Lovett Executive Director of Appalachian Center for the Economy and the Environment in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
Most Recent Shows
Six heavily armed gunmen stormed a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan killing more than 130 people, mostly teenagers. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the deadly attack. Please join us for an update on the attack and its implications for the region.
Homeownership has dropped to the lowest rate in 20 years. New research finds renting makes more financial sense for half of current American homeowners. Re-thinking the benefits of buying a house.
The House and Senate passed a spending bill that could cut pensions for a million workers, raise campaign donation limits and roll back Wall Street reforms. We look at what's at stake in the new budget bill.