The ebola epidemic in West Africa is not just a health care crisis. It has affected every corner of society in the countries most affected. Schools have been closed for months, infrastructure projects have been put on hold and GDP growth has slowed to a crawl. A discussion of the social and economic cost of Ebola in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
The Obama administration wants to move many of the Guantanamo Bay detainees to a maximum security prison in Illinois. Why the plan is stirring controversy on the right and the left and the latest on efforts to close Guantanamo Bay.
- Congressman Don Manzullo represents the 16th Congressional District of Illinois. He was first elected in 1992 and sits on the House Foreign Affairs and the Financial Services Committees. He also serves on the Subcommittee on International Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade.
- Tom Parker Policy Director, (Counter) Terrorism and Human Rights, Amnesty International USA
- Ken Gude associate director, Center for American Progress; author of the reports "How to Close Guantanamo" and "Getting Back on Track to Close Guantanamo."
- Lynn Sweet Washington bureau chief, "Chicago Sun-Times" and columnist at politicsdaily.com.
- Juan Zarate a senior adviser with the Center for Strategic and International Studies and a CBS News security analyst; former deputy national security adviser for combating terrorism under the G.W. Bush Administration.
Most Recent Shows
Russia’s ruble strengthened today but it remains volatile after losing about 20 percent of its value yesterday. Diane and her guests discuss what falling oil prices and new U.S. sanctions mean for the Kremlin and the Russian economy.
Speaking multiple languages is like exercise for your brain, according to new research. Studies say it can improve multitasking and may even delay Alzheimer’s. The latest on the impact of bilingualism on the brain.
Six heavily armed gunmen stormed a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan killing more than 130 people, mostly teenagers. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the deadly attack. Please join us for an update on the attack and its implications for the region.