Donald Trump has been popping up in the comic strip "Doonesbury" since the 1980s. Now, author Garry Trudeau has compiled his satire into a new book. The cartoonist looks back on thirty years of drawing Donald Trump.
The Obama administration wants to move many of the Guantanamo Bay detainees to a maximum security prison in Illinois. Why the plan is stirring controversy on the right and the left and the latest on efforts to close Guantanamo Bay.
- Congressman Don Manzullo represents the 16th Congressional District of Illinois. He was first elected in 1992 and sits on the House Foreign Affairs and the Financial Services Committees. He also serves on the Subcommittee on International Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade.
- Tom Parker Policy Director, (Counter) Terrorism and Human Rights, Amnesty International USA
- Ken Gude associate director, Center for American Progress; author of the reports "How to Close Guantanamo" and "Getting Back on Track to Close Guantanamo."
- Lynn Sweet Washington bureau chief, "Chicago Sun-Times" and columnist at politicsdaily.com.
- Juan Zarate a senior adviser with the Center for Strategic and International Studies and a CBS News security analyst; former deputy national security adviser for combating terrorism under the G.W. Bush Administration.
Most Recent Shows
The new CEO of Donald Trump’s campaign is closely aligned with the so-called “alt-right,” a nationalist movement that rejects multiculturalism. The rise of the alt-right movement and its place in this year’s presidential campaign.
Italy searches for survivors after a devastating earthquake. Turkey escalates its role in the fight against ISIS. And Colombia and the FARC rebels sign a peace treaty ending a half-century-long guerrilla war. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Donald Trump signals a shift in his stance on immigration. After another batch of emails, The Clinton Foundation says it will make changes if Hillary Clinton becomes president. And outrage over the skyrocketing cost of the EpiPen. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.