A new government in Greece moves to reverse austerity reforms. Tensions ease on the Israeli-Lebanon border. And President Barack Obama visits India and Saudi Arabia. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The Obama administration wants to move many of the Guantanamo Bay detainees to a maximum security prison in Illinois. Why the plan is stirring controversy on the right and the left and the latest on efforts to close Guantanamo Bay.
- Congressman Don Manzullo represents the 16th Congressional District of Illinois. He was first elected in 1992 and sits on the House Foreign Affairs and the Financial Services Committees. He also serves on the Subcommittee on International Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade.
- Tom Parker Policy Director, (Counter) Terrorism and Human Rights, Amnesty International USA
- Ken Gude associate director, Center for American Progress; author of the reports "How to Close Guantanamo" and "Getting Back on Track to Close Guantanamo."
- Lynn Sweet Washington bureau chief, "Chicago Sun-Times" and columnist at politicsdaily.com.
- Juan Zarate a senior adviser with the Center for Strategic and International Studies and a CBS News security analyst; former deputy national security adviser for combating terrorism under the G.W. Bush Administration.
Most Recent Shows
Attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch defends President Barack Obama’s immigration policy. Senate Democrats agree to wait on Iran sanctions. And two former Vanderbilt football players are convicted of rape. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Ten states now have animal welfare laws requiring bigger cages for hens and livestock. We look at what these new rules could mean for food prices, farmers and how we raise animals in the United States.
Senate confirmation hearings begin for Loretta Lynch, President Barack Obama's pick for attorney general. Some Republican lawmakers question her stance on contested issues including immigration reform, marijuana legalization and trials for terror suspects. Join us as we discuss the hearings.