President Barack Obama makes a historic visit to Hiroshima. The Taliban choose a new leader after a U.S. drone strike kills Mullah Mansour. And a far right candidate in Austria narrowly loses the presidential election. A panel of journalists joins guest host Sabri Ben-Achour for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
As part of the effort to overhaul health care, the Senate is considering a new long term care insurance plan similar to one already approved by the House. Critics contend it will become financially unsustainable: The pros and cons of public long term care insurance.
- Sandy Praeger Kansas Insurance Commissioner and chair of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Health Insurance and Managed Care Committee
- Richard Foster chief actuary, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- James Firman president and CEO, National Council on Aging
- Scott Harrington professor, health-care management and insurance and risk management, University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School
- Marilyn Werber Serafini healthcare and welfare correspondent, "National Journal"
Most Recent Shows
Donald Trump now has enough delegates to clinch the Republican nomination, according to the Associated Press. A State Department review criticizes Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server. And 11 states sue the federal government over a transgender bathroom directive. A panel of journalists joins guest host Sabri Ben-Achour for analysis of the week's top national news stories
A massive forest fire has been raging in Alberta, Canada, for nearly a month. Scientists say warmer, drier weather has increased the frequency and intensity of fires. For this month's Environmental Outlook: wildfires, climate change and threats to North America’s forests.
Congress is updating a 40-year-old federal law regulating thousands of chemicals in daily use. The bipartisan bill has support from many industry groups and public health advocates, but some in the environmental community say it doesn't go far enough. A look at regulating the safety of chemicals.