Mary Chapin Carpenter joins Diane to talk about her new album, the "artistic insight of middle age" and rewriting her life story in new ways.
Mental health in the military: Increasing rates of suicide, depression, and substance abuse raise concerns about mental illness in the armed forces. What’s being done to assess and treat mental health problems in the U.S. military.
- Jeff Hall is a Major in the Army now based in Fort Riley, Kansas. He served two terms in Iraq.
- Jennifer Crane served in the Army from 2000 to 2003. She is a volunteer with the non profit organization 'Give an Hour.' Give an Hour is dedicated to meeting the mental health needs of the troops and families affected by the ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dr. S. Ward Casscells John E. Tyson Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Public Health, and Vice President for External Affairs and Public Policy at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He is the former Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs).
- Nancy Sherman Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University and Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown Law School.
- Yochi Dreazen senior national security correspondent, National Journal magazine.
Most Recent Shows
Now that only three major candidates remain in the 2016 race for the White House, attention turns to the details of their policy proposals. Where the presidential candidates stand on key issues like job creation, healthcare, taxes and education.
The latest on the crash of the Egypt Air passenger plane. ISIS ramps up its bombings in Baghdad. And Nigerian authorities say two of the missing schoolgirls captured by Boko Haram have been found. A panel of journalists joins guest host Allison Aubrey for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Donald Trump unveils his proposed Supreme Court nominees. Bernie Sanders tells the Democratic Party to "let the people in." And the federal government promises action to fight long airport security delays. A panel of journalists joins guest host Allison Aubrey of NPR News for analysis of the week's top national news stories.