In the early nineties, anthropologist Helen Fisher wrote “The Anatomy of Love: A Natural History of Mating, Marriage, and Why We Stray.” Now she’s back with the latest research on how love affects the brain and how the Internet has changed dating.
Mental health in the military: Increasing rates of suicide, depression, and substance abuse raise concerns about mental illness in the armed forces. What’s being done to assess and treat mental health problems in the U.S. military.
- Jeff Hall is a Major in the Army now based in Fort Riley, Kansas. He served two terms in Iraq.
- Jennifer Crane served in the Army from 2000 to 2003. She is a volunteer with the non profit organization 'Give an Hour.' Give an Hour is dedicated to meeting the mental health needs of the troops and families affected by the ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dr. S. Ward Casscells John E. Tyson Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Public Health, and Vice President for External Affairs and Public Policy at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He is the former Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs).
- Nancy Sherman Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University and Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown Law School.
- Yochi Dreazen senior national security correspondent, National Journal magazine.
Most Recent Shows
Russia continues airstrikes in Syria. Secretary Kerry meets with world leaders in an attempt to resolve the country’s five-year civil war. A panel joins Diane to discuss the latest on the military, political and humanitarian crises facing Syria.
Walk into a pre-school classroom in America today and Erika Christakis says it’s likely you’ll see some familiar décor: alphabet charts, bar graphs, calendars, and schedules. It’s all part, says the expert in early child education, of a nationwide drive to make sure kids are ready for school at a younger and younger age.
New Hampshire holds the nation's first primary election. The winners, the losers and what the results could mean for the presidential candidates vying for the Democratic and Republican nominations.