David Ignatius of the Washington Post on Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, then, questions for Attorney General nominee Republican Senator Jeff Sessions.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
Most Recent Shows
Maya Angelou came onto this program several times over the years. But in her last conversation with Diane, in 2013, she talked about writing about her fraught relationship with her mother for the first time. Her last words to Diane: “I love you, Diane Rehm. And I look forward to seeing you and talking to you again and again.” A year later, she died at the age of 86. In one of Diane's most treasured interviews, the women reflect on forgiveness, healing and reconciliation.
Mary Chapin Carpenter joins Diane to talk about her new album, the "artistic insight of middle age" and rewriting her life story in new ways.
A rebroadcast of Diane's 1999 interview with J.K. Rowling, author of the acclaimed Harry Potter series.