The author of the bestselling book "The Plantagenets" picks up the story of the English crown where his last book left off. It describes how the longest-reigning British royal family tore itself apart and was replaced by the Tudors.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
Most Recent Shows
A new study says bike traffic deaths have spiked after years of decline. As cities adapt to growing numbers of cyclists, some say traffic laws should be more strictly enforced. A look at the debate over sharing the road with bikes.
For our October Readers’ Review: a novella that became an instant classic when it was written nearly two centuries ago. It is the ghostly tale of a lanky loner and a headless horseman. Some even call it the first American horror story. Join Diane and her guests for a discussion of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving.
Campaign spending has reached new heights in some state judicial elections. Please join us to talk about the growing need to raise and spend money in judicial elections and how this spending may affect judicial integrity and public confidence.