For this month's Readers' Review: "All The Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. The 2014 novel weaves together the stories of a blind French girl and a German orphan during World War II.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
Most Recent Shows
Nearly 10,000 U.S. military personnel remain in Afghanistan after combat forces withdrew last year. We explore a meeting between U.S. and Afghan officials this week, prospects for Congressional approval of additional troops and the future of security in the region.
Abraham Lincoln was the first American president to be assassinated. As the 150th anniversary of his death approaches, a historian explores how ordinary Americans mourned the loss of the 16th president.
The Supreme Court hears a case about a Texas group's request to use Confederate flag license plates. We look at legal arguments in the free speech challenge and implications for other states.