A new memoir from the National Book Award-winning author of "Middle Passage." He writes about the art and craft of writing and what he calls "the truth-telling power of fiction."
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
Most Recent Shows
Several cities, including Boston and Chicago, have vowed not to participate in deportation policies championed by President-elect Trump. And lawmakers in California are moving to limit cooperation with federal immigration agents. Diane and a panel of guests discuss so-called sanctuary cities under a Trump presidency.
Donald Trump will take office with a Republican-controlled Congress and abortion opponents in his cabinet. This is likely to reopen emotional debates over abortion rights and women’s health.
Retired Marine Corps General James Mattis is known for his tough stance on Iran and ISIS. But because he's recently been active duty, President-elect Trump’s choice for defense secretary needs a special congressional waiver to take the post. A look at Trump’s Cabinet pick and what it would mean for U.S. military strategy.