Turkey declares a state of emergency and arrests thousands after a failed coup. Donald Trump suggests he'd put conditions on protecting NATO allies. And Russia loses an appeal in a sports doping case. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
Most Recent Shows
The Republican National Convention ends with a divided GOP. Hillary Clinton prepares to select her running mate. And Roger Ailes resigns from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Undisclosed political spending in presidential politics has increased dramatically since Citizens United. But this kind of donation is growing at an even faster rate on state and local levels. How the growth of dark money is influencing state and local elections.
This week’s GOP convention highlights fractures in the Republican party. Now with its nominee Donald Trump officially chosen, the party tries to unify and broaden its appeal beyond its base that many say is too dominated by white men. Updates from Cleveland, and where the GOP goes from here.