For our November Readers' Review: “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler. As we prepare for holiday gatherings, join Diane and her guests to discuss this master work from the author who has made an art of exploring family love and dysfunction.
The traditional business model for journalism is collapsing, but it’s not clear what will take its place: An update on new efforts to ensure a vibrant and independent press that include for profit, low profit, and non-profit news organizations.
- Arianna Huffington editor-in-chief, "The Huffington Post."
- Phil Balboni founder, Global Post
- Stephen Engelberg managing editor, ProPublica
- Senator Ben Cardin Democrat, MD
- Leonard Downie vice president at large, and former executive editor of the Washington Post, co-author of a new report from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, "The Reconstruction of American Journalism"
Most Recent Shows
The Food and Drug Administration will require movie theaters, chain restaurants and pizza parlors to include calorie counts for food and beverages – including alcohol. Please join us to discuss costs and benefits of the new rules.
Actress, model, and author Brooke Shields on her relationship with her mother and the childhood that made Shields the woman she is today.
After months of tension, a St. Louis County grand jury decides not to indict Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting of Michael Brown. Diane and her guests discuss reaction to the verdict from civil rights groups, protesters and law enforcement.