Rita Dove's poetry career has spanned more than forty years. During that time she won a Pulitzer Prize and became the first African-American poet laureate of the United States. Now she's released a new edition of collected works. Rita Dove on a life lived in verse.
The traditional business model for journalism is collapsing, but it’s not clear what will take its place: An update on new efforts to ensure a vibrant and independent press that include for profit, low profit, and non-profit news organizations.
- Arianna Huffington editor-in-chief, "The Huffington Post."
- Phil Balboni founder, Global Post
- Stephen Engelberg managing editor, ProPublica
- Senator Ben Cardin Democrat, MD
- Leonard Downie vice president at large, and former executive editor of the Washington Post, co-author of a new report from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, "The Reconstruction of American Journalism"
Most Recent Shows
New research shows medical error is the third leading cause of death in the U.S., killing more than 250,000 people a year. Why there are so many mistakes, and what can be done to improve patient safety.
Donald Trump becomes the apparent GOP nominee after John Kasich bows out of the presidential race. Guest host Derek McGinty talks with experts for analysis of the news.
Coral reefs are crucial to the ocean's ecosystem, providing sustenance to a quarter of marine life. Today, more than one third of the world's reefs are deteriorating. What's causing coral reef destruction and possible new remedies to address it.