Research psychologist Penelope Leach is known for her best-selling guides on child development, including "Babyhood" and "Your Baby and Child." In her latest book, she explains what the latest research says about helping children cope with separation and divorce.
The traditional business model for journalism is collapsing, but it’s not clear what will take its place: An update on new efforts to ensure a vibrant and independent press that include for profit, low profit, and non-profit news organizations.
- Arianna Huffington editor-in-chief, "The Huffington Post."
- Phil Balboni founder, Global Post
- Stephen Engelberg managing editor, ProPublica
- Senator Ben Cardin Democrat, MD
- Leonard Downie vice president at large, and former executive editor of the Washington Post, co-author of a new report from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, "The Reconstruction of American Journalism"
Most Recent Shows
More than half a million Americans have annual prescription drug bills of at least $50,000. Please join us to discuss what's behind soaring drug costs and the push for new pricing models.
For this month's Readers' Review: “Euphoria,” by Lily King, a novel inspired by events in the life of revolutionary anthropologist Margaret Mead.
Texas and Oklahoma have passed new laws that prevent local governments from banning hydraulic fracturing. Similar measures are being considered in three other states. We look at the debate over state efforts to regulate drilling.