A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Senator John Kerry calls a hearing on the future of newspapers as “The Boston Globe” faces the threat of closure. A look at the fate of the newspaper industry in the midst of a recession.
- Martin Kaiser Editor of the Milwaukee-Journal Sentinel and President, American Society of Newspaper Editors.
- Rem Rieder Editor and Senior Vice President,American Journalism Review.
- Jane Hall Associate Professor of Journalism, American University.
- Alan Mutter former newspaper editor who later ran three Silicon Valley companies. He comments on the impact of technology on the media at his blog, Reflections of a Newsosaur, at newsosaur.blogspot.com.
- Senator John Kerry U.S. Senator,Massachusetts.
Most Recent Shows
According to a recent UN panel, the build-up of garbage in the world’s oceans could cause more than $13 billion in damage to marine life and habitats. A look at the causes and possible remedies for the flow of trash into the world's oceans.
Diane talks with Chuck Todd, moderator of NBC's "Meet The Press." He's written a new book about President Obama behind the media spotlight and why he believes understanding the "real" Obama holds the key to understanding his presidency and legacy.