What's on Congress' agenda in the final weeks before the August recess? Our panel takes a look at what needs to happen, and what can realistically get done.
Candidate Barack Obama promised to change how Washington works but the omnibus spending bill he just signed contained more than eight thousand earmarks. A look at how members of congress set aside money for projects in their districts and how the new administration hopes to reform the process.
- Norman Ornstein resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and coauthor of "The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How to Get It Back on Track."
- Rep. James P. Moran U.S. House of Representatives, Virgina
- Cathy McMorris Rogers U.S. House of Representatives representing Washington's 5th Congressional District.
- Melanie Sloan executive director, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
- Thomas Mann senior fellow at the Brookings Institution
Most Recent Shows
Greek voters go to the polls for an historic referendum on the country's debt crisis. We discuss the future of Greece in the eurozone and implications for global economies.
Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.