Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed the 21st Century Cures Act in a rare bi-partisan effort. The bill is meant to speed the development of lifesaving treatments, but critics warn it may also allow ineffective or even harmful drugs onto the market.
In the first of our series on the environment: What the proposed stimulus package could mean for the creation of green collar jobs and efforts to build a low-carbon economy.
- David Leonhardt reporter, New York Times
- Rep. Jay Inslee Democratic Congressman from Washington and co-author of "Apollo's Fire."
- Bracken Hendricks Senior Fellow,Center for American Progress and co-author of "Apollo's Fire"
- Bill Kovacs vice president for environmental policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar former Democratic U.S. Senator from Colorado.
Most Recent Shows
Secretly-recorded videos have reopened the fight over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. We examine new hurdles for the organization, the political response and the latest in the battle over abortion rights in the U.S.
A novel about Vivian, a young Irish girl sent by rail from a New York City tenement to Minnesota in the early 1900s. She was one of thousands of abandoned children sent to live with rural families for a better life. But not all ended up in loving homes.
An estimated 11 million Americans could see their disability benefits slashed next year if Congress fails to take action. The White House and Republican lawmakers have opposing solutions. Social Security's disability fund and how to keep the program solvent.