The author of the bestselling book "The Plantagenets" picks up the story of the English crown where his last book left off. It describes how the longest-reigning British royal family tore itself apart and was replaced by the Tudors.
A discussion of initiatives on the ballot in 36 states this November 4th. Voters will decide on initiatives ranging from abortion and state income taxes to same-sex marriage and affirmative action.
- Eric Moskowitz reporter, Boston Globe
- Maura Dolan reporter, Los Angeles Times
- Pamela Prah covers politics and budget issues at Stateline.org.
- Jennie Drage Bowser is a policy analyst at the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Kristine Wilfore is Executive Director of the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
Most Recent Shows
A new study says bike traffic deaths have spiked after years of decline. As cities adapt to growing numbers of cyclists, some say traffic laws should be more strictly enforced. A look at the debate over sharing the road with bikes.
For our October Readers’ Review: a novella that became an instant classic when it was written nearly two centuries ago. It is the ghostly tale of a lanky loner and a headless horseman. Some even call it the first American horror story. Join Diane and her guests for a discussion of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving.
Campaign spending has reached new heights in some state judicial elections. Please join us to talk about the growing need to raise and spend money in judicial elections and how this spending may affect judicial integrity and public confidence.