For this month's Readers' Review: "All The Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. The 2014 novel weaves together the stories of a blind French girl and a German orphan during World War II.
A discussion of initiatives on the ballot in 36 states this November 4th. Voters will decide on initiatives ranging from abortion and state income taxes to same-sex marriage and affirmative action.
- Eric Moskowitz reporter, Boston Globe
- Maura Dolan reporter, Los Angeles Times
- Pamela Prah covers politics and budget issues at Stateline.org.
- Jennie Drage Bowser is a policy analyst at the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Kristine Wilfore is Executive Director of the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
Most Recent Shows
Nearly 10,000 U.S. military personnel remain in Afghanistan after combat forces withdrew last year. We explore a meeting between U.S. and Afghan officials this week, prospects for Congressional approval of additional troops and the future of security in the region.
Abraham Lincoln was the first American president to be assassinated. As the 150th anniversary of his death approaches, a historian explores how ordinary Americans mourned the loss of the 16th president.
The Supreme Court hears a case about a Texas group's request to use Confederate flag license plates. We look at legal arguments in the free speech challenge and implications for other states.