Turkey declares a state of emergency and arrests thousands after a failed coup. Donald Trump suggests he'd put conditions on protecting NATO allies. And Russia loses an appeal in a sports doping case. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The plans of John McCain and Barack Obama for improving education.
- Greg Toppo is an education reporter for USA Today.
- Lisa Graham Keegan is a spokesperson for John McCain's campaign.
- Melody Barnes is a spokesperson for Barack Obama's campaign.
- Richard Kahlenberg is Senior Fellow at The Century Foundation.
- Mike Petrilli is Vice President for National Programs & Policy at the Thomas B. Fordham Institute.
- Michelle Rhee is Chancellor of Schools for the District of Columbia
Most Recent Shows
The Republican National Convention ends with a divided GOP. Hillary Clinton prepares to select her running mate. And Roger Ailes resigns from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Undisclosed political spending in presidential politics has increased dramatically since Citizens United. But this kind of donation is growing at an even faster rate on state and local levels. How the growth of dark money is influencing state and local elections.
This week’s GOP convention highlights fractures in the Republican party. Now with its nominee Donald Trump officially chosen, the party tries to unify and broaden its appeal beyond its base that many say is too dominated by white men. Updates from Cleveland, and where the GOP goes from here.