A Somali-born author and activist says a reformation of Islam is needed to address extremism and mistreatment of women. Diane and guests discuss the ongoing debate over the roots of Islamic extremism and the role of women in the Muslim world.
The plans of John McCain and Barack Obama for improving education.
- Lisa Graham Keegan is a spokesperson for John McCain's campaign.
- Melody Barnes is a spokesperson for Barack Obama's campaign.
- Richard Kahlenberg is Senior Fellow at The Century Foundation.
- Mike Petrilli is Vice President for National Programs & Policy at the Thomas B. Fordham Institute.
- Greg Toppo is an education reporter for USA Today.
- Michelle Rhee is Chancellor of Schools for the District of Columbia
Most Recent Shows
A new study says the amount of time parents spend with their kids has little effect on how they turn out. The latest research on quantity versus quality of time parents spend with children.
Advances in cybertechnology, biotechnology and robotics mean that more people than ever before have access to potentially dangerous technologies.
Airstrikes led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen against anti-government forces are raising fears the conflict may spread. A look at how regional powers are aligning and debate over the role of the U.S.