Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
The latest teen birth rate figures are up after a 15-year decline, and the presidential campaign has renewed questions over the effectiveness and appropriateness of comprehensive sex education and abstinence-only education. A look at the trends in teen sexuality and efforts to influence young people’s decision making.
- Sarah Brown director of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- Douglas Kirby senior research scientist, Education, Training and Research Associates
- Stan Weed director and CEO, Institute for Research and Evaluation
- Debra Hauser executive vice president, Advocates for Youth
- Valerie Huber executive director, National Abstinence Education Association
Most Recent Shows
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.
The little-known history of how groups of slaves, native American Indians and Cajun settlers helped change the outcome of the American Revolutionary War.
California passes a new law requiring all children enrolled in school to be vaccinated. It's the largest state in the nation to do so. The push to require vaccinations and the tension between public health and personal beliefs.