Donald Trump will take office with a Republican-controlled Congress and abortion opponents in his cabinet. This is likely to reopen emotional debates over abortion rights and women’s health.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
The latest teen birth rate figures are up after a 15-year decline, and the presidential campaign has renewed questions over the effectiveness and appropriateness of comprehensive sex education and abstinence-only education. A look at the trends in teen sexuality and efforts to influence young people’s decision making.
- Sarah Brown director of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- Douglas Kirby senior research scientist, Education, Training and Research Associates
- Stan Weed director and CEO, Institute for Research and Evaluation
- Debra Hauser executive vice president, Advocates for Youth
- Valerie Huber executive director, National Abstinence Education Association
Most Recent Shows
Retired Marine Corps General James Mattis is known for his tough stance on Iran and ISIS. But because he's recently been active duty, President-elect Trump’s choice for defense secretary needs a special congressional waiver to take the post. A look at Trump’s Cabinet pick and what it would mean for U.S. military strategy.
President-elect Trump chooses a retired Marine general to head the Pentagon. Syrian rebels agree to form a new alliance as the regime bombards Aleppo. And thousands of Cubans turn out to watch Fidel Castro's funeral procession. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
President-elect Donald Trump starts a victory tour with a stop in Cincinnati. Nancy Pelosi is re-elected House minority leader. And North Carolina prosecutors say the police officer who killed Keith Lamont Scott will not face charges.