Heads of state attend the funeral of Israeli statesman Shimon Peres. Russia rejects Secretary Kerry's demands on Syria. And the U.S. plans to deploy 600 more troops to Iraq to fight the Islamic State. A panel of journalists joins guest host Joshua Johnson for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
An update on news from the Democratic convention: Senator Hillary Clinton’s speech urging party unity and ongoing efforts to sharpen the Democratic campaign themes.
- Chris Cillizza is the author of "The Fix" on washingtonpost.com
- Janet Napolitano Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security,former governor of Arizona.
- Governor Jennifer Granholm Governor of Michigan, Democrat
- Geoff Garin Democratic pollster, Peter D. Hart Research Associates
- Eamon Javers correspondent, Politico.
Most Recent Shows
After the first presidential debate, polls show Donald Trump losing support from women in key battleground states. Congress acts to avoid a government shutdown. And a new report says the U.S. murder rate surged last year. A panel of journalists joins guest host Joshua Johnson for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
A majority of parents in the U.S. work outside the home. That means about 12 million children across the country require care. A new report ranks states on cost, quality and availability of child care - and says nobody is getting it right.
The Senate overrides President Obama’s veto of a bill that would allow 9/11 victims’ families to sue Saudi Arabia. How these lawsuits might work -- and how other nations might respond.