Chez Panisse owner Alice Waters shares her home cooking philosophy in her new cookbook, "My Pantry."
The credit crunch is moving into the student loan market, and some private loans are drying up. We take a look what kind of impact to expect on students attending a range of colleges, universities, and professional schools.
- Henry Urrick interim associate director,the Office of Student Financial Services at the University of Texas at Austin
- Gail Holt senior associate director of student financial services at Mt. Holyoke College; president elect of the Massachusetts Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Harris Miller CEO and president, Career College Association
- Doug Lederman editor and founder, Inside Higher Ed
- Michael Dannenberg senior fellow at the New America Foundation, where he founded the Education Policy Program and its blog: HigherEdWatch.org
Most Recent Shows
The withdrawal of the leading candidate for speaker of the House highlights major divisions in the Republican Party. We examine what's next for GOP leadership, and how the turmoil will impact critical budget deadlines and the 2016 elections.
Russia denies the U.S. claim that cruise missiles aimed at Syria hit Iran. Doctors Without Borders demands an independent inquiry on the Afghanistan hospital bombing. And a group of four Tunisian organizations wins the Nobel Peace Prize. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The House leadership postpones its speaker vote after Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) drops out. Hillary Clinton announces her opposition to the new Pacific trade agreement. And the head of Volkswagen U.S. testifies before Congress on the emissions scandal. Guest host Indira Lakshmanan and a panel of journalists discuss the week’s top national stories.