Thousands of migrants try to reach Britain from France through the Channel Tunnel. Turkish airstrikes target Kurdish militants. And President Barack Obama wraps up a five-day trip to Africa. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The Beijing Summer Games begin Friday. Diane and a panel of experts discuss what the Chinese government hopes gain from hosting one of sports biggest spectacles.
- Minxin Pei professor of government, Claremont McKenna College; adjunct senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- Melinda Liu Newsweek Beijing Bureau Chief.
- John Hoberman Professor of Germanic Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. He's the author of the July/August Foreign Policy article "Think Again: The Olympics"
- Philip Pan Foreign correspondent and former Beijing bureau chief for the Washington Post. He is the author of the recently released Out of 'Mao's Shadow: The Struggle for the Soul of a New China.'
- Jeffrey A. Bader director of the John L. Thornton China Center, and senior fellow in foreign policy studies at the Brookings Institution; former director for Asian Affairs and the National Security Council and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for East Asia and Pacific Affairs
Most Recent Shows
A white campus police officer in Cincinnati is charged with the murder of an unarmed black motorist. Congress passes interim funding for the highway bill. And the latest GDP report indicates modest second-quarter growth in the U.S. economy. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page to round up the week's top news.
Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed the 21st Century Cures Act in a rare bi-partisan effort. The bill is meant to speed the development of lifesaving treatments, but critics warn it may also allow ineffective or even harmful drugs onto the market.
Secretly-recorded videos have reopened the fight over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. We examine new hurdles for the organization, the political response and the latest in the battle over abortion rights in the U.S.