ISIS takes control of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra. Several nations agree to take in Southeast Asian migrants. And the U.S. and Cuba move closer to full restoration of diplomatic ties. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Senator Barack Obama leaves war-torn Iraq and Afghanistan for stops in Jordan and Israel as he continues his high-profile trip abroad. Diane and her guests assess the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s trip and the McCain campaign’s critique of Senator Obama’s policy proposals.
- Nancy Youssef Pentagon correspondent, McClatchy newspapers.
- John Dickerson chief political correspondent for Slate.com and CBS political analyst and contributor. Author of "On Her Trail: My Mother, Nancy Dickerson, TV News' First Woman Star."
- Karen Tumulty national political correspondent, "Time" magazine.
- Kori Schake foreign policy adviser to Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign
- Derek Chollet senior fellow, Center for a New America Security; author, "The Road to the Dayton Accords: A Study of American Statecraft."
- Dan Senor Former Bush Administration foreign policy advisor, based in Iraq (2003, 2004) Currently founding partner of Rosemont Capital, a global private equity firm; and Fox News Middle East Analyst
Most Recent Shows
The NSA's bulk data collection faces a Friday deadline. A massive airbag recall could take years to complete. And the State Department makes plans to release the first batch of Hillary Clinton's emails. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
For years President Andrew Jackson was locked in a battle over Indian lands with a Cherokee chief. NPR’s Steve Inskeep on the history of that rivalry, how it led to the "Trail of Tears" and helped set the stage for the Civil War.
Los Angeles voted to increase its minimum wage to $15 an hour. Dozens of other cities have passed or are considering similar measures. We dive into the debate over minimum wage laws across the country.