What's on Congress' agenda in the final weeks before the August recess? Our panel takes a look at what needs to happen, and what can realistically get done.
Senator Barack Obama leaves war-torn Iraq and Afghanistan for stops in Jordan and Israel as he continues his high-profile trip abroad. Diane and her guests assess the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s trip and the McCain campaign’s critique of Senator Obama’s policy proposals.
- Nancy Youssef Pentagon correspondent, McClatchy newspapers.
- Karen Tumulty national political correspondent, "Time" magazine.
- John Dickerson chief political correspondent for Slate.com and CBS political analyst and contributor. Author of "On Her Trail: My Mother, Nancy Dickerson, TV News' First Woman Star."
- Kori Schake foreign policy adviser to Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign
- Derek Chollet senior fellow, Center for a New America Security; author, "The Road to the Dayton Accords: A Study of American Statecraft."
- Dan Senor Former Bush Administration foreign policy advisor, based in Iraq (2003, 2004) Currently founding partner of Rosemont Capital, a global private equity firm; and Fox News Middle East Analyst
Most Recent Shows
Greek voters go to the polls for an historic referendum on the country's debt crisis. We discuss the future of Greece in the eurozone and implications for global economies.
Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.