The American actress joins Diane for a discussion about her new book, her career and the great loves of her life.
A look at historical and contemporary beliefs about patriotism in the United States of America.
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania; her latest book is "Echo Chamber: Rush Limbaugh and the Conservative Media Establishment"
- Captain Matthew Klunder Navy Captain Matthew Klunder is the Commandant of Midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy.
- Haynes Johnson journalist, historian and author
- Tony Blankley syndicated columnist; research fellow with the Heritage Foundation; executive vice president, global public affairs, Edelman International; and former editorial page editor of "The Washington Times." His most recent book is "American Grit: What It Will Take to Survive and Win in the 21st Century."
- Juan Williams NPR News Analyst, FOX News Political analyst, and author of numerous books, including "Enough: The Phony Leaders, Dead-End Movements, and Culture of Failure That Are Undermining Black America--and What We Can Do About It."
- Andrew Kohut director of the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Most Recent Shows
The military’s suicide rate jumped more than 80 percent between 2002 and 2009. One military family who lost a son to suicide and another to combat in Iraq is trying to change that. A new book about one family’s fight to transform the military’s approach to mental illness.
ISIS takes control of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra. Several nations agree to take in Southeast Asian migrants. And the U.S. and Cuba move closer to full restoration of diplomatic ties. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The NSA's bulk data collection faces a Friday deadline. A massive airbag recall could take years to complete. And the State Department makes plans to release the first batch of Hillary Clinton's emails. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top national news stories.