The author of the bestselling book "The Plantagenets" picks up the story of the English crown where his last book left off. It describes how the longest-reigning British royal family tore itself apart and was replaced by the Tudors.
Senator Obama is promising voters more progressive tax policies. Senator McCain vows to cut corporate tax rates. The plans of either candidate could add to the nation’s nearly ten trillion dollar debt. How McCain and Obama differ on tax policies.
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- Alan Viard resident scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Bob Davis senior economics writer, Wall Street Journal
- Jared Bernstein Chief Economist and Economic Policy Adviser for Vice President Biden and Executive Director of the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin chief economist, director, Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2006, and senior domestic policy adviser to the McCain Campaign and a member of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.
Most Recent Shows
A new study says bike traffic deaths have spiked after years of decline. As cities adapt to growing numbers of cyclists, some say traffic laws should be more strictly enforced. A look at the debate over sharing the road with bikes.
For our October Readers’ Review: a novella that became an instant classic when it was written nearly two centuries ago. It is the ghostly tale of a lanky loner and a headless horseman. Some even call it the first American horror story. Join Diane and her guests for a discussion of “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving.
Campaign spending has reached new heights in some state judicial elections. Please join us to talk about the growing need to raise and spend money in judicial elections and how this spending may affect judicial integrity and public confidence.