Instability in the Middle East and North Africa has fueled a boom in looted antiquities. New efforts to stem the tide include monitoring archaeological sites from space. The fight to preserve the world's cultural heritage sites.
Senator Obama is promising voters more progressive tax policies. Senator McCain vows to cut corporate tax rates. The plans of either candidate could add to the nation’s nearly ten trillion dollar debt. How McCain and Obama differ on tax policies.
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- Alan Viard resident scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Bob Davis senior economics writer, Wall Street Journal
- Jared Bernstein Chief Economist and Economic Policy Adviser for Vice President Biden and Executive Director of the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin chief economist, director, Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2006, and senior domestic policy adviser to the McCain Campaign and a member of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.
Most Recent Shows
Deborah Ball, the Italy bureau chief for The Wall Street Journal, gives us the latest on Tuesday night's deadly 6.2 magnitude earthquake north of Rome.
A federal judge orders a review of nearly fifteen thousand recently discovered Hillary Clinton emails from her time as Secretary of State. A new batch related to the Clinton Foundation was also released. Join us to discuss ongoing questions.
Flooding in Louisiana has caused tens of millions of dollars in property damage and untold personal misery. But public response has been slow. Join us to talk about why we open our hearts and wallets for some disasters and not others.