The American actress joins Diane for a discussion about her new book, her career and the great loves of her life.
Senator Obama is promising voters more progressive tax policies. Senator McCain vows to cut corporate tax rates. The plans of either candidate could add to the nation’s nearly ten trillion dollar debt. How McCain and Obama differ on tax policies.
- Jared Bernstein Chief Economist and Economic Policy Adviser for Vice President Biden and Executive Director of the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
- Alan Viard resident scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- Bob Davis senior economics writer, Wall Street Journal
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin chief economist, director, Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2006, and senior domestic policy adviser to the McCain Campaign and a member of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.
Most Recent Shows
The military’s suicide rate jumped more than 80 percent between 2002 and 2009. One military family who lost a son to suicide and another to combat in Iraq is trying to change that. A new book about one family’s fight to transform the military’s approach to mental illness.
ISIS takes control of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra. Several nations agree to take in Southeast Asian migrants. And the U.S. and Cuba move closer to full restoration of diplomatic ties. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The NSA's bulk data collection faces a Friday deadline. A massive airbag recall could take years to complete. And the State Department makes plans to release the first batch of Hillary Clinton's emails. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top national news stories.