This has been a significant year for the animal rights movement. Sea World vowed to stop breeding orcas. And Walmart pledged to sell only cage-free eggs. The head of the Humane Society on how consumer pressure and innovation are driving animal protection.
Senator Obama is promising voters more progressive tax policies. Senator McCain vows to cut corporate tax rates. The plans of either candidate could add to the nation’s nearly ten trillion dollar debt. How McCain and Obama differ on tax policies.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin chief economist, director, Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2006, and senior domestic policy adviser to the McCain Campaign and a member of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.
- Jared Bernstein Chief Economist and Economic Policy Adviser for Vice President Biden and Executive Director of the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- Alan Viard resident scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Bob Davis senior economics writer, Wall Street Journal
Most Recent Shows
It is illegal in most states to text and drive. But new research says distracted driving -- including texting -- could be behind seventy percent of accidents. Assessing the prevalence of distracted driving and what it will take to lower fatalities.
In an unusual move, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz yesterday named Carly Fiorina as his running mate if he wins the Republican nomination. We get analysis of the announcement and its implications from CNN's Manu Raju.
For our April Readers’ Review: the latest novel by the author of "The Burgess Boys" and the Pulitzer-Prize winning "Olive Kitteridge." It's the story of a woman who escapes a troubled childhood and becomes a writer. A surprise visit from her mother opens a portal to her past and awakens a subtle tenderness between them. Join Diane and her guests for a discussion of "My Name Is Lucy Barton."