After the 9/11 attacks, U.S. intelligence, military and law enforcement agencies were forced to work together in completely new ways. A veteran national security reporter on how America has tried to adapt to a new era of warfare.
A West Texas court considers whether to place more than 400 children removed from the families of a polygamous sect in foster care after an allegation of abuse. A look at the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the intersection of polygamy and child welfare issues.
- Carolyn Jessop author, "Escape;" spent 35 years in the Fundamentalist LDS community before escaping with her children.
- Anne Wilde cofounder of Principle Voices, an advocacy organization representing Fundamentalist Mormon communities.
- William Morrison attorney whose clients have included members of numerous polygamous sects
- John Llewellyn author, "Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong: Protected Environment for Predators;" retired lieutenant from the Salt Lake City Sheriff's Department
- Linda Spears vice president, Child Welfare League of America
Most Recent Shows
Early voting is underway in states across the country. Just over two weeks before the presidential election, a look at the latest polls, the electoral map and end-of-the-line strategies for both campaigns.
The Islamic State launches a counterattack in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk, as the battle to retake Mosul intensifies. Ecuador cuts off Internet access to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. And the president of the Philippines says his country is pivoting away from the U.S. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
In the final debate, Donald Trump refuses to say whether he’ll accept the election results. North Carolina officials investigate the firebombing of Republican Party headquarters. And a police chiefs’ organization apologizes for ‘historical mistreatment of minorities.’ A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.