The U.N. suspends Syrian peace talks until late this month. The U.S. plans to quadruple military spending in Europe as a signal to Russia. And American officials express concern about ISIS in Libya. A panel of journalists joins guest host Tom Gjelten for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
A West Texas court considers whether to place more than 400 children removed from the families of a polygamous sect in foster care after an allegation of abuse. A look at the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the intersection of polygamy and child welfare issues.
- Carolyn Jessop author, "Escape;" spent 35 years in the Fundamentalist LDS community before escaping with her children.
- Anne Wilde cofounder of Principle Voices, an advocacy organization representing Fundamentalist Mormon communities.
- William Morrison attorney whose clients have included members of numerous polygamous sects
- John Llewellyn author, "Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong: Protected Environment for Predators;" retired lieutenant from the Salt Lake City Sheriff's Department
- Linda Spears vice president, Child Welfare League of America
Most Recent Shows
As the New Hampshire primary looms, Republicans brawl over tactics used in the Iowa caucuses. The F.B.I. joins the Flint drinking water investigation. And President Obama calls for religious tolerance at his first mosque visit. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Julian Borger: “The Butcher’s Trail: How The Search For Balkan War Criminals Became The World’s Most Successful Manhunt”
After the 1990s conflicts in the former Yugoslavia, the international community identified 161 suspected war criminals. Fourteen years later, every single person on the wanted list had been captured. The Guardian's diplomatic editor recounts one of the most successful manhunts in history.
Two top military officers say this week women should register for future military drafts. This comes after the recent decision to open all combat roles to female service members. The changing role of women in the military.