Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
A West Texas court considers whether to place more than 400 children removed from the families of a polygamous sect in foster care after an allegation of abuse. A look at the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the intersection of polygamy and child welfare issues.
- Anne Wilde cofounder of Principle Voices, an advocacy organization representing Fundamentalist Mormon communities.
- William Morrison attorney whose clients have included members of numerous polygamous sects
- John Llewellyn author, "Polygamy's Rape of Rachael Strong: Protected Environment for Predators;" retired lieutenant from the Salt Lake City Sheriff's Department
- Linda Spears vice president, Child Welfare League of America
- Carolyn Jessop author, "Escape;" spent 35 years in the Fundamentalist LDS community before escaping with her children.
Most Recent Shows
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.
The little-known history of how groups of slaves, native American Indians and Cajun settlers helped change the outcome of the American Revolutionary War.
California passes a new law requiring all children enrolled in school to be vaccinated. It's the largest state in the nation to do so. The push to require vaccinations and the tension between public health and personal beliefs.