At age 76, Susan Faludi's father underwent sex reassignment surgery. When Stephen became Stefanie, the feminist writer sets out on a journey to better understand her father -- an exploration that becomes an inquiry into the meaning of identity.
Food prices are on the rise at home and abroad. World leaders are calling for action to ease the crisis. Our panel of experts will discuss what’s behind the higher prices and what, if anything, can be done about them in the short and long term.
- David Beckmann president of Bread for the World
- Yvonne Tsikata country director for the Caribbean at the World Bank
- David Orden senior research fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington, DC. He's also a professor in the Virginia Tech Institute for Society, Culture and Environment.
- Bob Young chief economist at the American Farm Bureau Federation
- Simon Johnson senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics, professor, the Sloan School of Management at the M.I.T., and former economic counselor at the I.M.F. He is the co-author of "The Baseline Scenario: What Happened to the Global Economy and What We Can do About It" and the soon-to-be-released book "13 Bankers - The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown."
Most Recent Shows
There were more airbag recalls this week, and VW has agreed to pay nearly fifteen billion in its emissions cheating scandal. Meanwhile, cars with driverless technology are becoming available, but whether they will make us safer is up for debate. A look at auto safety and consumer trust.
Authorities in Turkey are investigating Tuesday's deadly attack on Istanbul's main international airport. The Washington Post's Hugh Naylor gives us the latest from Istanbul.
Party insiders and backroom deals: One author on why we need to bring back old-time politics.