Many experts say artificial intelligence and robots will displace jobs at a faster and faster pace over the coming decade. What changes in technology could mean for how we work.
Food prices are on the rise at home and abroad. World leaders are calling for action to ease the crisis. Our panel of experts will discuss what’s behind the higher prices and what, if anything, can be done about them in the short and long term.
- David Beckmann president of Bread for the World
- Yvonne Tsikata country director for the Caribbean at the World Bank
- David Orden senior research fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington, DC. He's also a professor in the Virginia Tech Institute for Society, Culture and Environment.
- Bob Young chief economist at the American Farm Bureau Federation
- Simon Johnson senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics, professor, the Sloan School of Management at the M.I.T., and former economic counselor at the I.M.F. He is the co-author of "The Baseline Scenario: What Happened to the Global Economy and What We Can do About It" and the soon-to-be-released book "13 Bankers - The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown."
Most Recent Shows
The Koch Brothers are holding their annual meeting this weekend with hundreds of big donors in Southern California. But that's just one of the many ways the two influence money and politics. We look at the brothers' role in the 2016 presidential race and the latest on how the candidates are raising campaign cash.
Thousands of migrants try to reach Britain from France through the Channel Tunnel. Turkish airstrikes target Kurdish militants. And President Barack Obama wraps up a five-day trip to Africa. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
A white campus police officer in Cincinnati is charged with the murder of an unarmed black motorist. Congress passes interim funding for the highway bill. And the latest GDP report indicates modest second-quarter growth in the U.S. economy. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page to round up the week's top news.