The Islamic State launches a counterattack in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk, as the battle to retake Mosul intensifies. Ecuador cuts off Internet access to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. And the president of the Philippines says his country is pivoting away from the U.S. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Food prices are on the rise at home and abroad. World leaders are calling for action to ease the crisis. Our panel of experts will discuss what’s behind the higher prices and what, if anything, can be done about them in the short and long term.
- David Beckmann president of Bread for the World
- Yvonne Tsikata country director for the Caribbean at the World Bank
- David Orden senior research fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington, DC. He's also a professor in the Virginia Tech Institute for Society, Culture and Environment.
- Bob Young chief economist at the American Farm Bureau Federation
- Simon Johnson senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics, professor, the Sloan School of Management at the M.I.T., and former economic counselor at the I.M.F. He is the co-author of "The Baseline Scenario: What Happened to the Global Economy and What We Can do About It" and the soon-to-be-released book "13 Bankers - The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown."
Most Recent Shows
In the final debate, Donald Trump refuses to say whether he’ll accept the election results. North Carolina officials investigate the firebombing of Republican Party headquarters. And a police chiefs’ organization apologizes for ‘historical mistreatment of minorities.’ A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
On an average day in the United States, seven young people are shot to death. A British journalist chooses a random day in 2013 and profiles each of the lives cut short.
With just weeks left before the general election, candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off in Las Vegas. Analysis of the third and final presidential debate.