Ten states now have animal welfare laws requiring bigger cages for hens and livestock. We look at what these new rules could mean for food prices, farmers and how we raise animals in the United States.
Guest Host: Steve Roberts
Over the past twenty years, the cost of a college education has outpaced the rate of inflation. Despite efforts by Harvard, Yale and a few other schools to offset set spiraling tuitions, many students graduate from college with huge debts. A look at the cost of a college degree and what some are doing to make higher education more affordable.
- Karen Gualtieri Dean of Enrollment Management for Rockland Community College, part of the State University of New York
- Scott Jaschik editor, Inside Higher Ed
- Terry Hartle Senior Vice President, American Council on Education, a trade association representing roughly 2000 2-year and 4-year public and private universities.
- Richard Vedder Visiting scholar at A.E.I. and Director of the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. He's also a professor of economics at Ohio State University and author of Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Going Broke By Degree Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Why College Costs Too Much.Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½
- Tom Ross President, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
Most Recent Shows
Senate confirmation hearings begin for Loretta Lynch, President Barack Obama's pick for attorney general. Some Republican lawmakers question her stance on contested issues including immigration reform, marijuana legalization and trials for terror suspects. Join us as we discuss the hearings.
In 2007, neuroscientist Lisa Genova self-published her first novel, “Still Alice.” It tells the story of a Harvard psychology professor and her experience with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. The book became a best-seller and is now a major motion picture. Join Diane and her guests for a discussion of “Still Alice.”
With more people returning to the workforce, automakers are seeing a boom in car sales. But there's growing concern about a surge in auto loans to buyers with weak credit. The risks of subprime auto loans.