Thousands of migrants try to reach Britain from France through the Channel Tunnel. Turkish airstrikes target Kurdish militants. And President Barack Obama wraps up a five-day trip to Africa. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Guest Host: Steve Roberts
Over the past twenty years, the cost of a college education has outpaced the rate of inflation. Despite efforts by Harvard, Yale and a few other schools to offset set spiraling tuitions, many students graduate from college with huge debts. A look at the cost of a college degree and what some are doing to make higher education more affordable.
- Karen Gualtieri Dean of Enrollment Management for Rockland Community College, part of the State University of New York
- Scott Jaschik editor, Inside Higher Ed
- Terry Hartle Senior Vice President, American Council on Education, a trade association representing roughly 2000 2-year and 4-year public and private universities.
- Richard Vedder Visiting scholar at A.E.I. and Director of the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. He's also a professor of economics at Ohio State University and author of Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Going Broke By Degree Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Why College Costs Too Much.Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½
- Tom Ross President, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
Most Recent Shows
A white campus police officer in Cincinnati is charged with the murder of an unarmed black motorist. Congress passes interim funding for the highway bill. And the latest GDP report indicates modest second-quarter growth in the U.S. economy. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page to round up the week's top news.
Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed the 21st Century Cures Act in a rare bi-partisan effort. The bill is meant to speed the development of lifesaving treatments, but critics warn it may also allow ineffective or even harmful drugs onto the market.
Secretly-recorded videos have reopened the fight over federal funding for Planned Parenthood. We examine new hurdles for the organization, the political response and the latest in the battle over abortion rights in the U.S.