International repercussions of the FIFA corruption scandal. China outlines a new military strategy in the South China Sea. And the Iraqi military launches a new offensive near Ramadi. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Guest Host: Steve Roberts
Over the past twenty years, the cost of a college education has outpaced the rate of inflation. Despite efforts by Harvard, Yale and a few other schools to offset set spiraling tuitions, many students graduate from college with huge debts. A look at the cost of a college degree and what some are doing to make higher education more affordable.
- Karen Gualtieri Dean of Enrollment Management for Rockland Community College, part of the State University of New York
- Scott Jaschik editor, Inside Higher Ed
- Terry Hartle Senior Vice President, American Council on Education, a trade association representing roughly 2000 2-year and 4-year public and private universities.
- Richard Vedder Visiting scholar at A.E.I. and Director of the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. He's also a professor of economics at Ohio State University and author of Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Going Broke By Degree Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Why College Costs Too Much.Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½
- Tom Ross President, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina
Most Recent Shows
The Justice Department charges FIFA soccer officials with corruption. More contenders enter the already-crowded 2016 presidential race. And former House Speaker Dennis Hastert is indicted for violating banking laws and lying to the FBI. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Research psychologist Penelope Leach is known for her best-selling guides on child development, including "Babyhood" and "Your Baby and Child." In her latest book, she explains what the latest research says about helping children cope with separation and divorce.
More than half a million Americans have annual prescription drug bills of at least $50,000. Please join us to discuss what's behind soaring drug costs and the push for new pricing models.