The little-known history of how groups of slaves, native American Indians and Cajun settlers helped change the outcome of the American Revolutionary War.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
President Bush has called on Congress to strengthen the No Child Left Behind law when it comes up for renewal this year. Guest host Katty Kay invites educators to examine this six-year-old law and discuss what should change.
- Greg Toppo is an education reporter for USA Today.
- Bethany Little Vice President for Policy and Federal Advocacy at the Alliance for Excellent Education
- Ray Simon Deputy Secretary of Education
- Joel Packer Director of Education Policy and Practice at NEA
- Amy Wilkins Vice President of The Education Trust.
Most Recent Shows
California passes a new law requiring all children enrolled in school to be vaccinated. It's the largest state in the nation to do so. The push to require vaccinations and the tension between public health and personal beliefs.
A look at the growing fossil fuel divestment movement.
The Supreme Court rules that independent commissions can draw state voting lines. What will the decision mean for efforts to curtail gerrymandering across the country?