The U.K. votes to leave the European Union. Heavy fighting continues in parts of Fallujah as Iraqi forces seek to retake all of the city from ISIS. And in Venezuela, food shortages spur looting and rioting. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
A new study says that one in ten high schools are “dropout factories.” With graduation rates in these schools hovering around 60 percent, we’ll look at the reasons for this development and what if anything can be done about it.
- Holly Kuzmich Deputy Chief of Staff to Education Secretary Margaret Spellings
- Mark Garber Executive Editor and Vice President of Editorial Operations for Portland Tribune and Community Newspapers
- Bob Wise Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia and President of the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- Bill Milliken Author of "The Last Dropout: Stop the Epidemic!" and founder of Communities in Schools, a community-based organization helping young people stay in school and prepare for life.
- Robert Balfanz A research scientist at the Center for Social Organization of Schools at the School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University
Most Recent Shows
The Friday News Roundup: House Democrats stage a sit-in to push for a vote on new gun laws. Campaign finance reports show Donald Trump with much less money and staff than Hillary Clinton. And a federal judge in Wyoming strikes down an Obama administration safety rule on fracking. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
An estimated six million people now go to health clinics each year in retail stores like CVS and Wal-Mart. But some doctors say relying too heavily on these convenient medical facilities can be risky. Guest host Susan Page and a panel of guests discuss the pros and cons of retail health clinics.
The Supreme Court votes 4-3 to uphold the affirmative action program at the University of Texas, and deadlocks on Obama's immigration plan. Jeffrey Rosen of The National Constitution Center joins Susan Page to discuss the implications of the rulings.