A rebel attack on Yemen's capital throws the country into crisis. U.S. lawmakers renew calls for sanctions against Iran. And American and Cuban officials meet in Havana for the first time in decades. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
A new study says that one in ten high schools are “dropout factories.” With graduation rates in these schools hovering around 60 percent, we’ll look at the reasons for this development and what if anything can be done about it.
- Holly Kuzmich Deputy Chief of Staff to Education Secretary Margaret Spellings
- Mark Garber Executive Editor and Vice President of Editorial Operations for Portland Tribune and Community Newspapers
- Bob Wise Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia and President of the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- Bill Milliken Author of "The Last Dropout: Stop the Epidemic!" and founder of Communities in Schools, a community-based organization helping young people stay in school and prepare for life.
- Robert Balfanz A research scientist at the Center for Social Organization of Schools at the School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University
Most Recent Shows
President Barack Obama travels to conservative states to pitch his middle class economic plan. House Republicans drop a controversial abortion bill. And the FBI says there isn't enough evidence to charge Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson. A panel of journalists joins guest host Susan Page for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
Computer hackers are targeting individuals and municipalities around the country with a new virus called ransomware. Criminals encrypt your files and demand bitcoins as payment to unlock them. What consumers can do to protect their data.
In his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama called for changes to the tax code to address rising inequality. Debate over raising taxes on capital gains, closing the “trust-fund loophole” and prospects for compromise in a Republican-led Congress.