Turkey declares a state of emergency and arrests thousands after a failed coup. Donald Trump suggests he'd put conditions on protecting NATO allies. And Russia loses an appeal in a sports doping case. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
A new study says that one in ten high schools are “dropout factories.” With graduation rates in these schools hovering around 60 percent, we’ll look at the reasons for this development and what if anything can be done about it.
- Holly Kuzmich Deputy Chief of Staff to Education Secretary Margaret Spellings
- Mark Garber Executive Editor and Vice President of Editorial Operations for Portland Tribune and Community Newspapers
- Bob Wise Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia and President of the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- Bill Milliken Author of "The Last Dropout: Stop the Epidemic!" and founder of Communities in Schools, a community-based organization helping young people stay in school and prepare for life.
- Robert Balfanz A research scientist at the Center for Social Organization of Schools at the School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University
Most Recent Shows
The Republican National Convention ends with a divided GOP. Hillary Clinton prepares to select her running mate. And Roger Ailes resigns from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Undisclosed political spending in presidential politics has increased dramatically since Citizens United. But this kind of donation is growing at an even faster rate on state and local levels. How the growth of dark money is influencing state and local elections.
This week’s GOP convention highlights fractures in the Republican party. Now with its nominee Donald Trump officially chosen, the party tries to unify and broaden its appeal beyond its base that many say is too dominated by white men. Updates from Cleveland, and where the GOP goes from here.