Today’s unemployment rate is down sharply from the height of the Great Recession. But more than a fifth of American men had no paid employment last year, and seven million of them have stopped looking altogether. Why men are leaving the workforce – and how to bring them back.
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman has proposed a major overhaul of the U.S. Tax Code, including repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). We’ll talk to him and Ranking Member Jim McCrery about the proposal and get analysis from tax policy experts.
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- David Keating Club for Growth Executive Director
- Congressman Jim McCrery an 11-term Republican Congressman for Louisiana's 4th District and Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee
- Congressman Charles Rangel a 19-term Democratic congressman representing New York's 15th District and chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Jonathan Weisman White House reporter for "The Wall Street Journal."
Most Recent Shows
Donald Trump’s campaign and questions about fundraising are presenting challenges for other Republican candidates across the country. Guest host Susan Page and a panel of guests talk about what this could mean for the G-O-P’s get-out-the-vote operations and key races in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, North Carolina and elsewhere.
What do Michelle Obama, Anna Wintour and Michael Jordan carry in their bags? Abbi Jacobson imagines the things you might find in her new illustrated book, "Carry This Book." We talk to the "Broad City" co-star about what you can learn from the contents of bags—and her success creating and starring in the hit Comedy Central show.
Affordable Care Act premiums will increase by an average of 25 percent next year, according to new reports. But more than eight in 10 consumers could be cushioned from the price hikes through subsidies. Guest host Susan Page and a panel look at The Affordable Care Act: rising costs, subsidies and its future in the next administration.