Changing public attitudes have led to a decline in U.S. soda sales. But health expert Marion Nestle believes many people still consume unhealthy amounts of sugary drinks. She argues beverage companies are spending millions on research that misleads consumers.
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman has proposed a major overhaul of the U.S. Tax Code, including repeal of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). We’ll talk to him and Ranking Member Jim McCrery about the proposal and get analysis from tax policy experts.
- Jonathan Weisman White House reporter for "The Wall Street Journal."
- Jason Furman economic advisor to Senator Barack Obama
- David Keating Club for Growth Executive Director
- Congressman Jim McCrery an 11-term Republican Congressman for Louisiana's 4th District and Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee
- Congressman Charles Rangel a 19-term Democratic congressman representing New York's 15th District and chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
Most Recent Shows
Journalist and author Ta-Nehisi Coates was just named a MacArthur Fellow. A conversation with Coates about the devastating effect of mass incarceration on black families and his recent memoir about growing up in inner-city Baltimore.
For this month's Environmental Outlook: Ten years ago, Israel experienced a prolonged drought that forced the country to come up with a strategy to address water scarcity. What its experience could teach an increasingly water-starved planet.
Russia is sending what it calls "volunteer" troops to Syria, and its airstrikes have targeted CIA-backed rebels. We look at Russia's support of the Assad regime and escalating concerns over a possible U.S.-Russia proxy war in Syria.