Turkey declares a state of emergency and arrests thousands after a failed coup. Donald Trump suggests he'd put conditions on protecting NATO allies. And Russia loses an appeal in a sports doping case. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Diane travels to Utah to talk with Robert Redford, up-and-coming filmmakers, and others behind the scenes at the Sundance Institute.
- Maryam Keshavarz screenwriter, director, 2007 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. She is working on a feature film titled, "Circumstance"
- Richard Montoya writer, director, actor, and 2007 Sundance Institute Film Festival Fellow. He's working on adapting the theatrical version of his play "Water & Power" into a screenplay.
- Sterlin Harjo director, filmmaker, writer, 2004 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. His first feature film is "Four Sheets to the Wind."
- Scott Frank writer, director, actor, producer, and the 2007 artistic director of the feature film program at the Sundance Film Institute.
- Geoff Gilmore Director of the Sundance Film Festival
- Michelle Satter Director of the Feature Film Program at Sundance Institute
- Robert Redford actor, director, producer; founder the Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
The Republican National Convention ends with a divided GOP. Hillary Clinton prepares to select her running mate. And Roger Ailes resigns from Fox News over sexual harassment allegations. A panel of journalists joins guest host Frank Sesno for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Undisclosed political spending in presidential politics has increased dramatically since Citizens United. But this kind of donation is growing at an even faster rate on state and local levels. How the growth of dark money is influencing state and local elections.
This week’s GOP convention highlights fractures in the Republican party. Now with its nominee Donald Trump officially chosen, the party tries to unify and broaden its appeal beyond its base that many say is too dominated by white men. Updates from Cleveland, and where the GOP goes from here.