A massive forest fire has been raging in Alberta, Canada, for nearly a month. Scientists say warmer, drier weather has increased the frequency and intensity of fires. For this month's Environmental Outlook: wildfires, climate change and threats to North America’s forests.
Diane travels to Utah to talk with Robert Redford, up-and-coming filmmakers, and others behind the scenes at the Sundance Institute.
- Maryam Keshavarz screenwriter, director, 2007 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. She is working on a feature film titled, "Circumstance"
- Richard Montoya writer, director, actor, and 2007 Sundance Institute Film Festival Fellow. He's working on adapting the theatrical version of his play "Water & Power" into a screenplay.
- Sterlin Harjo director, filmmaker, writer, 2004 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. His first feature film is "Four Sheets to the Wind."
- Scott Frank writer, director, actor, producer, and the 2007 artistic director of the feature film program at the Sundance Film Institute.
- Geoff Gilmore Director of the Sundance Film Festival
- Michelle Satter Director of the Feature Film Program at Sundance Institute
- Robert Redford actor, director, producer; founder the Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
Congress is updating a 40-year-old federal law regulating thousands of chemicals in daily use. The bipartisan bill has support from many industry groups and public health advocates, but some in the environmental community say it doesn't go far enough. A look at regulating the safety of chemicals.
Nine years ago, former FBI agent Robert Levinson disappeared in Iran while on a mission for the CIA. The story of his secret journey to Iran, the CIA cover-up that followed and efforts to rescue the longest-held U.S. hostage.
President Barack Obama lifts the embargo against U.S. arms sales to Vietnam. We discuss what closer ties between the U.S. and Vietnam mean for trade, leverage on human rights and growing concerns over China's military expansion.