The U.S. warns that Russian airstrikes in Syria are harming peace talks. NATO sends warships to the Aegean Sea to deter migrant smuggling. And in a rebuke to North Korea, Seoul closes a shared industrial complex. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Diane travels to Utah to talk with Robert Redford, up-and-coming filmmakers, and others behind the scenes at the Sundance Institute.
- Maryam Keshavarz screenwriter, director, 2007 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. She is working on a feature film titled, "Circumstance"
- Richard Montoya writer, director, actor, and 2007 Sundance Institute Film Festival Fellow. He's working on adapting the theatrical version of his play "Water & Power" into a screenplay.
- Sterlin Harjo director, filmmaker, writer, 2004 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. His first feature film is "Four Sheets to the Wind."
- Scott Frank writer, director, actor, producer, and the 2007 artistic director of the feature film program at the Sundance Film Institute.
- Geoff Gilmore Director of the Sundance Film Festival
- Michelle Satter Director of the Feature Film Program at Sundance Institute
- Robert Redford actor, director, producer; founder the Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
The Republican presidential field narrows after a dramatic New Hampshire primary. The Department of Justice sues Ferguson, Missouri after the city amends a police reform deal. And the Supreme Court puts President Obama's climate regulations on hold. A panel of journalists joins Diane for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
In the early nineties, anthropologist Helen Fisher wrote “The Anatomy of Love: A Natural History of Mating, Marriage, and Why We Stray.” Now she’s back with the latest research on how love affects the brain and how the Internet has changed dating.
Russia continues airstrikes in Syria. Secretary Kerry meets with world leaders in an attempt to resolve the country’s five-year civil war. A panel joins Diane to discuss the latest on the military, political and humanitarian crises facing Syria.