At age 76, Susan Faludi's father underwent sex reassignment surgery. When Stephen became Stefanie, the feminist writer sets out on a journey to better understand her father -- an exploration that becomes an inquiry into the meaning of identity.
Diane travels to Utah to talk with Robert Redford, up-and-coming filmmakers, and others behind the scenes at the Sundance Institute.
- Maryam Keshavarz screenwriter, director, 2007 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. She is working on a feature film titled, "Circumstance"
- Richard Montoya writer, director, actor, and 2007 Sundance Institute Film Festival Fellow. He's working on adapting the theatrical version of his play "Water & Power" into a screenplay.
- Sterlin Harjo director, filmmaker, writer, 2004 Sundance Film Institute Lab Fellow. His first feature film is "Four Sheets to the Wind."
- Scott Frank writer, director, actor, producer, and the 2007 artistic director of the feature film program at the Sundance Film Institute.
- Geoff Gilmore Director of the Sundance Film Festival
- Michelle Satter Director of the Feature Film Program at Sundance Institute
- Robert Redford actor, director, producer; founder the Sundance Institute and Sundance Film Festival
Most Recent Shows
There were more airbag recalls this week, and VW has agreed to pay nearly fifteen billion in its emissions cheating scandal. Meanwhile, cars with driverless technology are becoming available, but whether they will make us safer is up for debate. A look at auto safety and consumer trust.
Authorities in Turkey are investigating Tuesday's deadly attack on Istanbul's main international airport. The Washington Post's Hugh Naylor gives us the latest from Istanbul.
Party insiders and backroom deals: One author on why we need to bring back old-time politics.