The American actress joins Diane for a discussion about her new book, her career and the great loves of her life.
The incoming Democratic chairman of the Senate environment and public works committee, Senator Barbara Boxer of California, calls global warming “the greatest challenge of our generation.” Diane and her guests talk about possible climate policy and energy policy initiatives from Congress and the White House.
- Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-New Mexico), incoming chair of the Senate Energy Committee
- Brent Dorsey director of corporate environmental programs for Entergy, an electric utility company
- Felicity Barringer reporter, New York Times
- John Fialka environment and energy reporter for "The Wall Street Journal," Washington bureau
- James Connaughton Executive Vice President for Corporate Affairs of Public and Environmental Policy for Constellation Energy. He was former chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
Most Recent Shows
The military’s suicide rate jumped more than 80 percent between 2002 and 2009. One military family who lost a son to suicide and another to combat in Iraq is trying to change that. A new book about one family’s fight to transform the military’s approach to mental illness.
ISIS takes control of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra. Several nations agree to take in Southeast Asian migrants. And the U.S. and Cuba move closer to full restoration of diplomatic ties. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
The NSA's bulk data collection faces a Friday deadline. A massive airbag recall could take years to complete. And the State Department makes plans to release the first batch of Hillary Clinton's emails. A panel of journalists joins guest host Indira Lakshmanan for analysis of the week's top national news stories.