What's on Congress' agenda in the final weeks before the August recess? Our panel takes a look at what needs to happen, and what can realistically get done.
The city of New Orleans is releasing a comprehensive plan for post-Hurricane Katrina recovery. We talk about what’s been proposed so far, why some of its priorities could be challenged at the state and federal levels, and how it would affect evacuees and others affected by Katrina and Rita in the Gulf Coast area.
- Michael Tidwell author of "Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast."
- Terrel Broussard attorney in private practice
- Jeb Bruneau president of the Lakeview Civic Improvement Association
- John Beckman principal with Wallace Roberts & Todd
- John McIlwain senior fellow at the Urban Land Institute
- Sean Reilly board member of the Louisiana Recovery Authority and former Louisiana state legislator
Most Recent Shows
Greek voters go to the polls for an historic referendum on the country's debt crisis. We discuss the future of Greece in the eurozone and implications for global economies.
Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.