The Islamic State launches a counterattack in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk, as the battle to retake Mosul intensifies. Ecuador cuts off Internet access to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. And the president of the Philippines says his country is pivoting away from the U.S. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
Reactions to the nomination of Harriet Miers as associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court followed by a discussion on the fifteenth anniversary of German reunification and its challenges.
- Michael Borchard Konrad Adenauer Foundation
- Peter Gottwald deputy chief of mission, German Embassy in Washington, D.C
- Jackson Janes executive director, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies, Johns Hopkins University
- Stuart Taylor senior writer with National Journal magazine, contributing editor at Newsweek, and coauthor with KC Johnson of "Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case" (Thomas Dunne Books)
- Bruce Fein former associate deputy attorney general, Republican counsel during the Iran-contra hearings, and founding partner with the Lichfield Group
- Jeffrey Rosen professor of law at the George Washington University and legal affairs editor of "The New Republic." He's the author of "The Supreme Court," "The Most Democratic Branch," "The Naked Crowd," and "The Unwanted Gaze."
Most Recent Shows
In the final debate, Donald Trump refuses to say whether he’ll accept the election results. North Carolina officials investigate the firebombing of Republican Party headquarters. And a police chiefs’ organization apologizes for ‘historical mistreatment of minorities.’ A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.
On an average day in the United States, seven young people are shot to death. A British journalist chooses a random day in 2013 and profiles each of the lives cut short.
With just weeks left before the general election, candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off in Las Vegas. Analysis of the third and final presidential debate.