There's a renewed push for apprenticeship programs in the U.S., one supporters say can address a shortage of skilled workers and the financial burden on young people today.
Guest Host: Susan Page
State legislators explain how the economy and federal budget choices affect state budget decisions about education, health care, taxes, and more.
- Garnet Coleman Texas State Representative (D)
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Florida State Senator (D)
- Ron Bigelow Utah State Representative (R)
- Jim Hoops Ohio State Representative (R)
- Kathy Hawken North Dakota State Representative (R)
- Nan Grogan Orrock Georgia State Representative (D)
Most Recent Shows
The Centers for Disease Control reported the number of Americans who died from heroin overdoses quadrupled in the decade ending in 2013. We look at what's behind the nation's surge in heroin addiction and what some communities are doing to fight back.
A writer explores his father's mysterious imprisonment, and accusations that he was spying for the CIA, in revolutionary-era Iran.
A lame duck, with diminished power to get anything done: This is how many had expected to describe President Barack Obama in his final two years in office. But Obama has had a string of recent victories, and now, he’s setting his sights on other issues. We look at the president's evolution and his political priorities for the remainder of his term.