Harvard physician Atul Gawande says we need to change the nation's approach to aging and dying. How nursing homes can focus more on patients’ need for human connection, and how end-of-life treatment is actually shortening lives instead of extending them.
Guest Host: Susan Page
State legislators explain how the economy and federal budget choices affect state budget decisions about education, health care, taxes, and more.
- Garnet Coleman Texas State Representative (D)
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Florida State Senator (D)
- Ron Bigelow Utah State Representative (R)
- Jim Hoops Ohio State Representative (R)
- Kathy Hawken North Dakota State Representative (R)
- Nan Grogan Orrock Georgia State Representative (D)
Most Recent Shows
Legendary singer Linda Ronstadt has won 11 Grammy Awards in a career spanning four decades. We take a look at her rise to stardom, life in the music business and her recent battle with Parkinson's.
For our November Readers' Review: “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler. As we prepare for holiday gatherings, join Diane and her guests to discuss this master work from the author who has made an art of exploring family love and dysfunction.
The Food and Drug Administration will require movie theaters, chain restaurants and pizza parlors to include calorie counts for food and beverages – including alcohol. Please join us to discuss costs and benefits of the new rules.