David Ignatius of the Washington Post on Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, then, questions for Attorney General nominee Republican Senator Jeff Sessions.
Guest Host: Susan Page
State legislators explain how the economy and federal budget choices affect state budget decisions about education, health care, taxes, and more.
- Garnet Coleman Texas State Representative (D)
- Debbie Wasserman-Schultz Florida State Senator (D)
- Ron Bigelow Utah State Representative (R)
- Jim Hoops Ohio State Representative (R)
- Kathy Hawken North Dakota State Representative (R)
- Nan Grogan Orrock Georgia State Representative (D)
Most Recent Shows
Maya Angelou came onto this program several times over the years. But in her last conversation with Diane, in 2013, she talked about writing about her fraught relationship with her mother for the first time. Her last words to Diane: “I love you, Diane Rehm. And I look forward to seeing you and talking to you again and again.” A year later, she died at the age of 86. In one of Diane's most treasured interviews, the women reflect on forgiveness, healing and reconciliation.
Mary Chapin Carpenter joins Diane to talk about her new album, the "artistic insight of middle age" and rewriting her life story in new ways.
A rebroadcast of Diane's 1999 interview with J.K. Rowling, author of the acclaimed Harry Potter series.