Many parents and therapists say obsessive internet use is a very real problem for some teens and children. But the term “internet addiction” is controversial and not officially recognized as a disorder. How to help kids who compulsively use computers and mobile technology.
Guest Host: Terence Smith
A panel looks at the state of our oceans and discusses a just-released report by the U.S. Commission on Ocean Policy.
- Lynne Hale director, Global Marine Initiative, The Nature Conservancy
- Sara Chasis water program director, Natural Resources Defense Council.
- William Ruckelshaus member, U.S. Commission on Ocean Policy first administrator, Environmental Protection Agency.
- Linda Candler vice president, communications - National Fisheries Institute
- Leon Panetta chief of staff for President Clinton. Mr. Panetta served as chairman of the Pew Oceans Commission. He is chairman and founder of the Panetta Institute.
Most Recent Shows
An update on day two of the Democratic convention: Bill Clinton takes the stage and ongoing efforts by party leaders to build unity.
Historian Matthew Dallek looks at the history behind the Office of Civilian Defense, the country's first agency for homeland security, and the competing visions of those tasked with spearheading the department: New York City Mayor Fiorello La Guardia and First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt.
Opening night at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia. How speakers including Sen. Bernie Sanders, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and First Lady Michelle Obama seek to bridge party divides and build the case for presumptive nominee Hillary Clinton.