Acclaimed ballerina Misty Copeland joined Diane to talk about her remarkable career and how she is challenging physical stereotypes that she says keep ballet stuck in the past.
A panel talks about public school vouchers, a subject of contentious debate which has been revived by the consideration of a federally funded voucher program for the District of Columbia public schools.
- Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana)
- Mayor Anthony Williams of Washington, DC
- Melody Webb coordinator of StopDCVouchers.org
- Mark Egan director of the Voucher Strategy Center at the National School Boards Association
- Jeanne Allen president of the Center for Education Reform
Most Recent Shows
For the Fourth of July: A fresh reading of the Declaration of Independence, and how ideas of freedom and equality have been interpreted over the years.
The little-known history of how groups of slaves, native American Indians and Cajun settlers helped change the outcome of the American Revolutionary War.
California passes a new law requiring all children enrolled in school to be vaccinated. It's the largest state in the nation to do so. The push to require vaccinations and the tension between public health and personal beliefs.