A Somali-born author and activist says a reformation of Islam is needed to address extremism and mistreatment of women. Diane and guests discuss the ongoing debate over the roots of Islamic extremism and the role of women in the Muslim world.
The National Education Association says the nation’s school districts face the worst budget shortfalls since World War II. A panel talks about why that is, and how all levels of education are being affected by budget crunches across the country.
- Lily Eskelsen secretary-treasurer of the National Education Association
- Eugene Hickok Undersecretary of Education
- Lisa Keegan CEO of Education Leaders Council
- Steve Smith senior policy specialist for the National Conference of State Legislatures
- Robert Johnston assistant managing editor for Education Week
Most Recent Shows
A new study says the amount of time parents spend with their kids has little effect on how they turn out. The latest research on quantity versus quality of time parents spend with children.
Advances in cybertechnology, biotechnology and robotics mean that more people than ever before have access to potentially dangerous technologies.
Airstrikes led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen against anti-government forces are raising fears the conflict may spread. A look at how regional powers are aligning and debate over the role of the U.S.