The ebola epidemic in West Africa is not just a health care crisis. It has affected every corner of society in the countries most affected. Schools have been closed for months, infrastructure projects have been put on hold and GDP growth has slowed to a crawl. A discussion of the social and economic cost of Ebola in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
As the U.S. military campaign against Iraq gets underway, Diane talks with experts on public opinion, the military, and foreign affairs.
- Leon Fuerth national security advisor to former Vice President Al Gore and research professor at George Washington University
- Maj. Gen. Bill Nash U.S. Army-Retired, senior fellow and director of the Center for Preventive Action at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Lawrence Korb senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, and former Assistant Secretary of Defense in the Reagan administration.
- Kenneth Pollack director of research at the Saban Center at the Brookings Institution; author of "The Persian Puzzle: the Conflict between Iran and America;" former director for Persian Gulf Affairs and former director for Near East and South Asian Affairs at the National Security Council; former Iran-Iraq military analyst, Central Intelligence Agency
- Andrew Kohut director of the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Most Recent Shows
Russia’s ruble strengthened today but it remains volatile after losing about 20 percent of its value yesterday. Diane and her guests discuss what falling oil prices and new U.S. sanctions mean for the Kremlin and the Russian economy.
Speaking multiple languages is like exercise for your brain, according to new research. Studies say it can improve multitasking and may even delay Alzheimer’s. The latest on the impact of bilingualism on the brain.
Six heavily armed gunmen stormed a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan killing more than 130 people, mostly teenagers. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the deadly attack. Please join us for an update on the attack and its implications for the region.