A Somali-born author and activist says a reformation of Islam is needed to address extremism and mistreatment of women. Diane and guests discuss the ongoing debate over the roots of Islamic extremism and the role of women in the Muslim world.
Diane speaks with members of Congress and with listeners from around the country about the range of public opinion on the latest developments over Iraq.
- Sen. George Allen (R-Virginia)
- Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Florida)
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) and Presidential candidate
- Rep. Chris Van Hollen Democrat of Maryland, Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Rep. John Dingell (D-Michigan)
Most Recent Shows
A new study says the amount of time parents spend with their kids has little effect on how they turn out. The latest research on quantity versus quality of time parents spend with children.
Advances in cybertechnology, biotechnology and robotics mean that more people than ever before have access to potentially dangerous technologies.
Airstrikes led by Saudi Arabia in Yemen against anti-government forces are raising fears the conflict may spread. A look at how regional powers are aligning and debate over the role of the U.S.