Speaking multiple languages is like exercise for your brain, according to new research. Studies say it can improve multitasking and may even delay Alzheimer’s. The latest on the impact of bilingualism on the brain.
A panel of journalists who cover U.S. news for international audiences join Diane to talk about reactions abroad to the drawn-out presidential election and other American news.
- Simon Marks chief correspondent with Feature Story News, serving audiences in South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore and elsewhere
- Sylvie Kauffmann New York bureau chief for Le Monde
- Martin Kettle The Guardian of London
- Claus Kleber ARD German public television
- Paulo Sotero Director, Brazil Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Most Recent Shows
Six heavily armed gunmen stormed a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan killing more than 130 people, mostly teenagers. Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the deadly attack. Please join us for an update on the attack and its implications for the region.
Homeownership has dropped to the lowest rate in 20 years. New research finds renting makes more financial sense for half of current American homeowners. Re-thinking the benefits of buying a house.
The House and Senate passed a spending bill that could cut pensions for a million workers, raise campaign donation limits and roll back Wall Street reforms. We look at what's at stake in the new budget bill.