For our November Readers' Review: “Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant” by Anne Tyler. As we prepare for holiday gatherings, join Diane and her guests to discuss this master work from the author who has made an art of exploring family love and dysfunction.
A panel of journalists who cover U.S. news for international audiences join Diane to talk about reactions abroad to the drawn-out presidential election and other American news.
- Simon Marks chief correspondent with Feature Story News, serving audiences in South Africa, New Zealand, Singapore and elsewhere
- Sylvie Kauffmann New York bureau chief for Le Monde
- Martin Kettle The Guardian of London
- Claus Kleber ARD German public television
- Paulo Sotero Director, Brazil Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Most Recent Shows
The Food and Drug Administration will require movie theaters, chain restaurants and pizza parlors to include calorie counts for food and beverages – including alcohol. Please join us to discuss costs and benefits of the new rules.
Actress, model, and author Brooke Shields on her relationship with her mother and the childhood that made Shields the woman she is today.
After months of tension, a St. Louis County grand jury decides not to indict Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting of Michael Brown. Diane and her guests discuss reaction to the verdict from civil rights groups, protesters and law enforcement.