After the 9/11 attacks, U.S. intelligence, military and law enforcement agencies were forced to work together in completely new ways. A veteran national security reporter on how America has tried to adapt to a new era of warfare.
The morning after the first debate between presidential candidates Al Gore and George Bush, Diane talks with people all around the country about each man’s performance, and about what effect the debates may have on public opinion in the remaining weeks before the election.
- Kim Alexander president and founder of the California Voter Foundation
- Ed Sarpolus vice president of Epic/MRA, a polling research firm
- Lee Cullum author and columnist for the Dallas Morning News
- Tom Fiedler editor, Miami Herald
- Thomas Mann senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and co-author of "The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How To Get It Back On Track"
- Norman Ornstein is resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute; coauthor with Thomas Mann of "The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How to Get It Back on Track."
Most Recent Shows
Early voting is underway in states across the country. Just over two weeks before the presidential election, a look at the latest polls, the electoral map and end-of-the-line strategies for both campaigns.
The Islamic State launches a counterattack in the Iraqi city of Kirkuk, as the battle to retake Mosul intensifies. Ecuador cuts off Internet access to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. And the president of the Philippines says his country is pivoting away from the U.S. A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top international news stories.
In the final debate, Donald Trump refuses to say whether he’ll accept the election results. North Carolina officials investigate the firebombing of Republican Party headquarters. And a police chiefs’ organization apologizes for ‘historical mistreatment of minorities.’ A panel of journalists joins guest host Derek McGinty for analysis of the week's top national news stories.